Secondary CO2 regulator bank

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt211181

Reaction score
Does anyone know where in Oz one can purchase a pre-assembled bank of secondary CO2 regulators? Something like this: http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/regulator/secondary/T1683ST_three_product_secondary_regulator.shtml

These seem to be available everywhere in the US (like most things I guess), and I think they'd be really useful. What I like about these is the input to the bank is just a hose barb, and so can be located away from the CO2 cylinder (like a gas manifold)......

The closest I've been able to find locally is something like the "Add-On CO2 Regulator Adapter" available from Keg King, which requires 2 "primary" regulators, removing the high pressure gauge from one of the regulators, and then joining the 2 together using the adapter......this seems do-able, but more effort than an off the shelf product like that shown in the link above......and I'd prefer not to have a string of regulators directly attached to the CO2 cylinder

Or, something like this from Cheeky Peak Brewery: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MINI-CO2-GAS-REGULATOR-ADAPTOR-MINI-REGULATOR-JOINER-CO2-KEG-HOME-BREWING-/251487363592?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item3a8dd0a208&_uhb=1

But again, this requires direct connection to a CO2 cylinder.....

Any ideas?

Cheers
Matt

I have one of the reg's in the OP linked from Cheeky Peak, I got it from another ebay seller and eventually replaced it. I found it would not hold steady pressure ( it would slowly climb and need resetting, note it was connected directly to a soda stream, at the time it was my only set up. I now have a bigger gas bottle and a micromatic. Yes I would use the mini reg again but only for a portable rig. In the end if your going to split gas for a larger keg system your probably better to spend the money now, than be spending money on gas being dumped from over carbed kegs. Do it once do it right. Note there are secondary systems available from the states that a little lighter on the wallet even with postage

shaunous said:
Are u 100% on this? if so, I love u. Would be perfect for my needs...
Yep. It's what I used on mine.

Having said that, I agree with Masters. If I had my time again I'd just buy a proper secondary reg setup instead of dicking around ganging 3 of these together. I haven't had the same problems with the mini regs not holding steady pressure but I did have a problem with the regs leaking when they were attached to one another. Nothing a heap of plumbers tape couldn't fix, but I still lost a bottle of gas in the process which killed any gains from doing on the cheap. Do it once do it right (although i'm still quite happy with mine :ph34r: ).

BobCharlie said:
Thanks for the ideas guys. I emailed Micromatic in the US and was quoted $142 for the 3 output premium bank (http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/gas-equipment-pid-1163.html), and $182 for the 4 output version (http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/gas-equipment-pid-1164.html). Seems quite cheap. Quoted about $60 shipping to Aust.
I have the four bank micromatic and love it! Micromatic is top quality.

Black n Tan, do the dimensions of the four bank version listed on Micromatic's website (i.e. 15-1/2" wide x 6-7/8" high x 4-3/4" deep = 394mm x 175mm x 120mm) look right compared to yours? Just trying to plan where to fit it in the keezer and wondering if the dimensions are reasonably accurate.

Cheers

BobCharlie, what is your location? Was that quote $US or $ AUS? Either way I'd be interested in the 4 bank unit also and maybe save on some postage.

Hi Wapehawi, the quote was in $US and I'm in Brisbane. I don't have any idea how much postage would be between Brisbane and Perth?

BobCharlie said:
Black n Tan, do the dimensions of the four bank version listed on Micromatic's website (i.e. 15-1/2" wide x 6-7/8" high x 4-3/4" deep = 394mm x 175mm x 120mm) look right compared to yours? Just trying to plan where to fit it in the keezer and wondering if the dimensions are reasonably accurate.

Cheers
Sorry BC, yes that is right. God it is a nice piece of kit, very smooth and reliable.

Latest posts

Back