Se Qld Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Squire I have enough already to last me a few weeks so you can put my order on the next one. If kram needs the vienna that I am splitting with him we could get it this time around and Ill get the BB ale next one.

Cheers Brad
That's fine to shift the Vienna to the next order.

Is this correct?

BB Ale for example

Bulk buy $44 normal $60

0.31 cents per kg freight = $7.75

Therefore a saving of $8.25 per bag on a bulk buy as opposed to walking in the shop and picking it up anytime?

Batz

Pretty Much Batz... :)
The savings really only add up when you buy in bulk...
so buying less than 2 sacks in the bulkbuy, I reckon is more trouble than its worth.
But to each thier own... :D

Sqyre..

The other option is...
If those guys who dont mind waiting another week or 2 put thier hands up..
i will shift them to a 2nd spreadsheet that we can leave running untill its Full.

In the meantime the Guys left on the original spreadsheet can Pay and get the order through sooner.
This also means that if you know you dont need a bag or 2 for a couple of weeks take them out and just order the grain your desperate for.
And i can add your "not so desperate" bags of grain orders to the 2nd spreadsheet.

Sqyre..

Sqyre, thanks for all your efforts. I have enough ingredients to last me at least 3 weeks so i would be willing to wait until next time, however i am splitting bags with winkle and sully and being from Ballina, I would prefer to make one trip to brisbane not 2. So if winkle and sully are of the opinion that they will wait until next time, no probs. If they cant, then please leave me on the original list. I do however realise that I was number 25, so i would be happy to be relegated to 2nd devision if the need arises :p

Cheers

I can wait till next round too. Sqyre, if you still want the Carared I will still go splits with you.

Cheers

Sully

I'm happy to hold over my bag of Floor Malted MO till next time too :)

Cheers,
Ecosse.

Lets make this a bit easier for Sqyre

Those that will hold off to the next order

Batz
Tidalpete
Ecosse
Sully

Those that will hold off to the next order

Batz
Tidalpete
Ecosse
Sully
Bradsbrew

Those that will hold off to the next order ---- We need hold off a total of 9 sacks.

Batz - 1 x BB Galaxy
Tidalpete - 1 x Maris Otter Floor malted
Ecosse - 1 x Maris Otter Floor malted
Sully - 1 x BB Ale, 1 x BB Pilsener Pale

Good idea Batz.
To make it even easier we could help those willing to hold off by adding the number of sacks ordered to our names so that we don't eat into the full pallet by over-compensating.
Just an idea! Hope I have put your's down correctly Sully?

TP :beer:

Batz - 1 x BB Galaxy
Sully - 1 x BB Ale, 1 x BB Pilsener Pale, 1/2 Vienna (with MattC), 1/2 Carared (with Sqyre if he doesnt get it this round)

:icon_cheers:

Batz - 1 x BB Galaxy
Sully - 1 x BB Ale, 1 x BB Pilsener Pale, 1/2 Vienna (with MattC), 1/2 Carared (with Sqyre if he doesnt get it this round)
Bradsbrew- 1 x BB ale, 1/2 Vienna (split with Kram)

Is this correct?

BB Ale for example

Bulk buy $44 normal $60

0.31 cents per kg freight = $7.75

Therefore a saving of $8.25 per bag on a bulk buy as opposed to walking in the shop and picking it up anytime?

Batz

Yes Batz, & local members of BABBS get an extra 5% off & 5% to the club, so really not much to be gained for locals.
The benefit really comes into play when a load is delivered direct to areas away from the shop, like the Bundy or Townsville.

Cheers Ross

Happy to hold off - right in the middle of moving again...

Batz - 1 x BB Galaxy
NickB - 1 X BB Ale, 1/2 Vienna (split with TurkeyHeadBrewing)

Happy to hold off - right in the middle of moving again...

Batz - 1 x BB Galaxy

You've already said that Nick! :p

Sqyre,

I reckon we have reached the 9 sacks required to bring original order back to 36?
Can you confirm>

OK, OK, bloody double posts!

You've already said that Nick! :p

Sqyre,

I reckon we have reached the 9 sacks required to bring original order back to 36?
Can you confirm>

Don't forget I've pulled out too Pete, 3 bags.

-BD

Don't forget I've pulled out too Pete, 3 bags.

-BD

This is getting confusing Tony as I think there may have been others Batz forgot to add to the original "Next pallet" list?
I will put myself back on the original pallet order.
redface-oops-6.gif

dazed-7.gif

There you go -----
Batz - 1 x BB Galaxy

Sqyre I'm heading to Sydney in just over a week and it looks like the bulk buy is going to run right into that like a train wreck so please delay my 2 x Floor Maris Otter till next buy when I'm back in QLD
Cheers
Michael

Have 2 shrinks of MO left that will see me till middle of Feb so no panic.

This is getting confusing Tony as I think there may have been others Batz forgot to add to the original "Next pallet" list?
I will put myself back on the original pallet order.
redface-oops-6.gif

dazed-7.gif

I just started the list it was up to the individual to add his name not me

Latest posts

Back