SE QLD AHB Xmas-in-July 16/07/2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seehuusen said:
I can pick ya up on my way from the sunny coast. I'll be staying the night in my swag tho. Happy to drop ya back in the morning, will be heading off reasonably early
My mate has offered a lift, but If for some reason that doesn't work out would love a lift. Can work out somewhere to sleep the night.

Motabika said:
My mate has offered a lift, but If for some reason that doesn't work out would love a lift. Can work out somewhere to sleep the night.
Stick with Fattox. He always finds somewhere comfortable to sleep at case swaps. As long as you don't mind him spooning up against your back I'm guessing he wont mind sharing a comfy spot with you. :ph34r:

earle said:
Stick with Fattox. He always finds somewhere comfortable to sleep at case swaps. As long as you don't mind him spooning up against your back I'm guessing he wont mind sharing a comfy spot with you. :ph34r:
Was hoping for some quality spoon action

earle said:
So your not taking bedding Earle?

Argggghhhh shite. A wedding I previously was told was the 2nd is now the 16th so I'll be in South Australia. While I'm sure the wedding will be great, was really looking forward to sharing beers with everyone. Here's aiming for the Christmas swap

**SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY***

Swapping:
1. Winkle - W3031 Acerola Tarwe (Should have some decent age on it by then).
2. Earle - Smoked Rye Farmhouse Ale
3. Brewkid - Biere De Garde
4. madpierre06 - TBD
5. Motabika- Lichtenhainer.
6. lukiferj
7. Liam_snorkel - something really awesome.
8. Parks - Shiraz Barrel-aged RIS 9.4%ABV tasting ******* delicious.
9. Seehuusen - Resch Extra Stout - with brett
10. Ciderman - Gingerbread Brown Ale
11. Fattox - cherrywood smoked foreign extra stout
12. Lord Raja Goomba I - AIPA (tent)
13. NickB - teabagged NZ Summer Ale
14. Dan Barrington
15. GibboQLD - probably something overly ambitious
16. evoo4u - probably a Baltic Porter (will be winter after all)
17. Natdene
18. Bribie G - Midnight Train American Malt Liquor, y'all.
19. Angus - "pick a windae" wee heavy
20. Aydos - Something palatable hopefully
21. Robv
22. Benken25. Somthing low carb
23. rokaxe - Basil & Chilli Saison
24. Adr0 - something something

Swapping when losers pull out:
2. Radshoes
3. Smokomark

Attending:
1. Florian
2. Beersuit.
4. LorriSanga - A couple of growlers and gourmet hors d'oeuvres.
5. Bradsbrew- Need to build a serving contraption to outdo whatever Florian turns up with
6. Antiphile
7. Gravity Guru
8. HBHB with a keg of something to ward off the cold
9. LAGERFRENZY - Eric Olthwaite's Blackest Black Pudding
10. Coodgee - I'll bring a keg of RyePA.
12. tazman67 - see whats available at the time.
13. kegs23- a keg of something, mabe a strawberry kettle sour
14. Peege
15, ballantyne - keg of beer
16. CoxR - Session IPA

17. Redman9 - keg of something hopefully drinkable and 10 hr slow cooked pulled pork

18. Menoetes - ESBs & maybe something smoked...

Things to leave at home:
1. A sense of humour
2. Your dignity
3. Seville oranges
4. Big glasses - bring a small one if you want to make the distance
5. Your pants
6. Your misso

Food etc:
Cash for pizza
Wood for fire
Snacks
[/quote]

Well I just took a sample off my swap beer, it has finished fermenting so I'll get it bottled tomorrow. I didn't realise how much more smoky the cherrywood is in comparison to most normal rauchmalt, I went at 37.5% and the sample from testing was fuckin smoky. So at least Ben will be excited. I may have a keg of something else on at that point too, I am about to dry hop a hoppy session helles that I only needed 2 bottles of for Brewoomba so that may need emptying

The trick to getting a good place to sleep is to show up completely unprepared and look pitiful guys FYI

Winkle is blessed with a park behind his house, and I am blessed with a second series Mazda2 where the seats all fold down backwards to form a comfortable full length bed.

As I found when I set the car up at a case swap at Sqyre's, fell in from the open tailgate as I was completing the seat fold-down and the fuckn magpies woke me up at 6 in the morning.

I just bottled off the American Malt Liquo' .. this stuff is liquid crack :ph34r:

Drank a couple of 250ml glasses off my tasting paddle as I was bottling and realised I'd actually consumed the equivalent of two pints of normal beer in 15 minutes.

Off to bed now.

Bribie G said:
I just bottled off the American Malt Liquo' .. this stuff is liquid crack :ph34r:

Drank a couple of 250ml glasses off my tasting paddle as I was bottling and realised I'd actually consumed the equivalent of two pints of normal beer in 15 minutes.

Off to bed now.
Hate it when that happens. I went through 1.5L of dunkel in about 25min the other night. Could still stand/walk so arguably could have gone 10 more. I will treat all'y'all's malt liquor with respect then...

On a completely unrelated note, is there somebody (Parks?) who really dislikes Motueka?

Bribie G said:
So where's Stillscottish, has someone dissed his clan or tried to peek up his kilt or something?
He's still around.

I'm getting back into "proper" brewing and was hoping to come along to this one but I have a 5am start for a huge Piping gig the next day.
I can't trust myself to just have a couple and go home early :)

Sure you can. Especially with such a responsible group to ensure you get to the gig by 5am. Winkle and Florian are up at 4am to remind you.

bradsbrew said:
Sure you can. Especially with such a responsible group to ensure you get to the gig by 5am. Winkle and Florian are up at 4am to remind you.
Things I've seen in the same statement for the first time ever:
Perry, responsible

stillscottish said:
He's still around.

I'm getting back into "proper" brewing and was hoping to come along to this one but I have a 5am start for a huge Piping gig the next day.
I can't trust myself to just have a couple and go home early :)
Raging drunken Scotsmen, massive bagpipe playing... can't see the problem...

Bottling my swap beer this weekend. I have nuked the bottles from orbit as some have had sours in them. Over-strength potassium hydroxide keg and line cleaner starting around 70 for 24h and a few hours full of similarly temperate over strength starsan. If anything manages to survive that, best of luck to it, it deserves to infect the beer.

Final stats:
OG: 1.071
FG: ~1.018
ABV: 7.1%
Seeing as it'll be in bottle near a month by the swap, it should be fairly well a "consume as you please" kinda deal. Pretty excited about this one, I modified a gold medal winning foreign extra recipe with 37.5% cherrywood smoke in place of some of the base malt.

Looking forward to drinking everyone's beverages. Funds permitting I think I may sort something out with Benken to use his ugly drum and run out some smoked wurst again, maybe throw some of his olds' lamb in there for a lark.

Back