Scales

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TasChris

Lurking
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am about to buy a set of electronic scales.
I want something down to 0.1 of a gram or better to measure salts etc for water additions. Does anybody have any recommendations on what is good/bad to buy?
I have seen the type on evilbay at abot $30 for the pocket size ones. Any thoughts??
Cheers
Chris

Hi all,
I am about to buy a set of electronic scales.
I want something down to 0.1 of a gram or better to measure salts etc for water additions. Does anybody have any recommendations on what is good/bad to buy?
I have seen the type on evilbay at abot $30 for the pocket size ones. Any thoughts??
Cheers
Chris

I own a pair from ebay.
they are just as good as the ones you buy in the shops. I have had no problems with them..

just check the maximum weight and make sure it suits.. You dont want to be weighing up 500grams of dex on something that can only weigh upto 100grams.

Yes, I got the ones on Ebay for about $25(inc del), they weigh to 0.1gram and have a capacity of 1kg. I use hop pellets and I was suprised actually how many pellets there are in 1gram.

The guy sent me a keyring flashlight thing aswell with them and they come with instructions, a cover and the scale part itself has a plastic cover that fits over also to protect the surface, they also measure in different weights also.

Cheers

Back