Sandwich Fillings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmmm smashed potato on fresh bread with loads of butter!

some favs of mine :

sausage roll in a roll
roast whatever, seeded mustard, coleslaw
vegemite and jarlsberg cheese
H, C, Tomato
Straz and Dead Horse

dessert fav :
fresh bread, loads of rasperry jam, loads of fresh whipped cream

hot meat pie on a roll

Talking of putting stuff on bread rolls etc.............

I used to work with a guy who swore by half a large block of caramello chocolate between 2 slices of bread or on a bread roll.

One of my favourites - reheated left over rissoles and gravy :icon_drool2:

Cheers,

Craig

or lovely thick bread with fresh mozzarella between them, dipped/drenched in egg and fried :icon_drool2: maybe a little chilli if your inclined.

Can't go past the peanut butter and honey, unfortunately it doesn't travel too well though LOL

Been getting into the wraps lately, combos of grated carrot, mayo, tomato chutney, mustard, spinach, sundried tomatos, jarlsberg cheese, roast beef, ham, chicken, turkey, tuna etc

Bloody beautiful!

just scarfed down: multigrain rye with ham, tasty cheese, half an avocardo and american mustard. could use another one actually.

I find wraps tend to be let down by the use of crap tasting pita (bought ones that is)

On the weekend, I found a recipe for rueben loaf that is up for trial in the near future.

salami, tomato and bocconcini cheese with a bit of basil is great as a sambo filling or a pizza topping.

As a kid my favourite was Fritz, Beetroot and home made tomato sauce - in a toasty with cheese also... :icon_drool2:

Crusty bread, vintage cheese and sliced onion washed dowm with an over 40IBU pale ale. Yummo.

-BD

Crusty bread, vintage cheese and sliced onion washed dowm with an over 40IBU pale ale. Yummo.

-BD

along the same lines........cheese n onion chips on soft white bread with marg (if you were lucky). Its all we could afford for tea sometimes when I was little.

Had some beautiful sourdough last night with dinner. Finished it off with lashings of jam and butter for dessert. Lovely.

Avocado and peanut butter is really good, also avocado and vegemite.

Vegemite and jam is nice on toast. Also lots of butter on toast, with vegemite and tomato and pepper. You have to get the correct amount of vegemite on it tho!

Rye, smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers!

Bacon and Egg, cheese and chilli sauce!

Roast pork and apple sauce on a roll oh and the gravy!

Can't go past a good curried egg sandwich:

Thick fresh white bread
Iceberg lettuce
Hard boiled egg mashed with just enough mayo and a good shake of curry powder

Cheers SJ

Can't go past a good curried egg sandwich:

Thick fresh white bread
Iceberg lettuce
Hard boiled egg mashed with just enough mayo and a good shake of curry powder

Cheers SJ

You have to mix the curry powder in though.

Try mango chuctney instead of the curry powder its a cracker.... goes well with chicken also!

Peanut butter, honey and sultanas.
Nutloaf, cheese and plum sauce.
Pecorino, tomato, lettuce and rhubarb pickle.

Just had turkey, grainy mustard and blue cheese on a freshly baked spelt roll.

Yum.

leftover meatloaf, cheese and bbq sauce warmed. :icon_drool2:

smashed a beef scnitzel w/ lettuce, tomato, mayo and seeded mustard on a fresh roll today. good stuff.

I've always had a sweet tooth.

Generous helping of home made fig jam (or any well made dark coloured jam) with a good 10mm thick layer of whip cream on top. Best with fresh bread.

Icing sugar sandwich. Plenty of butter on the bread to try and make it stick a little. Don't breath in through your mouth when you bite in otherwise you'll cough up a lung. .... Sandwich invented out of necessity many years ago when there was nothing else in the cupboard and I had the munchies.

Back