Sandwich Fillings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirem

Reaction score
I love a good sambo/sarny/sanga

THE CLASSICS
Ham cheese tomato
Corned beef and mustard pickles
chicken cheese mayo with/out avocado - warmed

LEFT-OVER ROAST
cold roast lamb and mustard pickles
lamb roast and gravy warmed
rare roast beef and creamed horseradish

A BIT WANKY BUT BLOODY GOOD
seasoned and fried chicken livers on toasted rye rubbed with garlic

theres a 1/2 decent start..

So what's your fav?

So what's your fav?

Turkey, goats cheese, salad and cranberry.

Love the leftover roast with cheese and mustard or pickles.

Ham & swiss on rye

Vegemite.

Pretty much anything on good bread.

Edit: actually.. one of the best ever is a really good jam on freshly baked bread.

For the freshly baked bread - just plain butter. Has to be applied while the bread is till hot though so it melts into the bread.

Yum.

Warm roast pork with apple sauce on grain bread. Lovely.
With some crackling it's even better.

I reckon fresh ripe tomato's sliced on thick toast with a little bit of thinly sliced onions (spanish if you can) a drizzle of good olive oil and fresh cracked pepper and sea salt to taste. Simple but bloody awesome in my books. Goes nice on some good dark rye bread as well.

Agree with the leftovers roast. :icon_drool2:

When me daughter was younger, she conned me into making cheese twistie and nutella sandwiches for us for lunch... :blink:

Don't knock it until you've tried it...

love a good sandwich! usual weekend lunchtime fare at home lately:

roast chicken, avacado, swiss sheese, lettuce and mayo
prosciutto, blue cheese and quince paste on a good chewy bread
decent smokey bacon, rocket leaves and tomato chutney
slow braised pork with gravy and apple sauce.

im a sucker for battered fish in a roll with lettuce and mayo.

plain old ham and cheese toasted, with a bowl of sweet chilli for dipping.

cant beat crunchy peanut butter microwaved for 20 seconds.

and old favorite: fish fingers, fried egg, bacon, cheese, baked beans, lettuce and chilli sauce. its messy but good!
sadly my ethics dont allow me to buy the horrible orrange prefab fingers that made this one so tasty. its just not right with real fish.

microwaved leftover roasted tatties on white bread with salt and white pepper. the bread needs just a bit of butter. zap the whole lot
again for a couple of seconds after assembly for warm potato goodness

sop many good combos already mentioned.

Cant beleive no one said left over roast with Tomato Sauce!

yup love the old fish melted cheese, mayo sanga also.

lunch staple for me is variations of: meat, cheese, lettuce, capsicum, mushrooms, condiment
so salami or ham with mushrroms and cheese and rocket with sambol olek. or something like that. warm rocket is awsome.

also hard to go past a baked bean and cheese jaffle. not really a sanga though is it.

went to a 30th on the weekend. spit roast... beef, gravy and colslaw on a fresh roll :beerbang:

New York Reuben....

thin sliced, slow cooked corned beef
sauerkraut
swiss cheese
1000 island dressing
rybread

Make sanga and put in sandwich press till swiss cheese starts flowing

Buety!

some one posted a link on Bum's USA beer thread of an aswome deli in NY (I think it was NY). It had their menu and that was mouthwatering.

buggered if i can find the thread though.

Peanut butter and honey - hard to beat this baby.

roast beef, mustard, vintage cheese, and whatever salad's in the fridge.

Vegemite and hot chips.

With the left over roast I like to take left over roast veges, particularly potato or white sweet potato, and mash them on the bread, then the roast, some of the roast garlic (we always include whole bulbs in the roast veges. Slice the top off, a little olive oil and then wrap them in foil), and preferably a smidgin of gravy if there is some left, otherwise mustard and/or whatever pickle is currently in the fridge. Stuffing if it was a bird and there's any left...

Otherwise I'm a sucker for ham/salami and tomato or cheese and tomato, and I love a good salad sandwich, but with peanut butter. Most people shudder at the idea but the slightly sweet, slightly salty, nuttyness combination of store bought peanut butter goes wonderfully under your standard salad fillings. I'll go for whatever veges are around but my perfect salad sandwich has to contain cheese, beetroot, tomato and grated carrot at a minimum...

Todays lunch: leftover 3 hour pork belly from Saturday night. Fresh crusty roll.

Might pick up some mustard or relish to go with it. :icon_drool2:

With the left over roast I like to take left over roast veges, particularly potato or white sweet potato, and mash them on the bread, then the roast, some of the roast garlic (we always include whole bulbs in the roast veges. Slice the top off, a little olive oil and then wrap them in foil), and preferably a smidgin of gravy if there is some left, otherwise mustard and/or whatever pickle is currently in the fridge. Stuffing if it was a bird and there's any left...

Otherwise I'm a sucker for ham/salami and tomato or cheese and tomato, and I love a good salad sandwich, but with peanut butter. Most people shudder at the idea but the slightly sweet, slightly salty, nuttyness combination of store bought peanut butter goes wonderfully under your standard salad fillings. I'll go for whatever veges are around but my perfect salad sandwich has to contain cheese, beetroot, tomato and grated carrot at a minimum...
go the roast veggie sanga. ive even had that with peanut butter.
peanut butter and salad +1.
even the old sultana, salad, peanut butter, alfalfaetc etc etc maga combo is ok.

I mean really if its on a plate it can go in a sanga. parma sanga, sausage sanga (sliced lengthways with cheese and sauce yum).
cold spagetti sangas are good too.

Back