Sandpeoples Ahb Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I haven't decided yet. There will definately be one bottle of american amber in there which is to be brewed tomorrow (so perhaps ready to drink by new year) and the second bottle - well either some of my attempt a Bigals Wit or something else I dig up.

Not much brewing been done here in the last few weeks. :( Lucky i'm getting replacement beer for my case or I would hit a drought!

BigAl said:
Bongwater Black, love the name Deebee, hope the taste has no resemblance. :eek:
[post="89358"][/post]​

Just let the sediment settle out before drinking..

:lol:

....or just drink the sediment thru a straw ;)

Mine is a storng belgian, Hogaarden Grand Cru type clone, seems tasty enough, but might still be a bit raw for christmas, maybe better for easter though..

Mine will be Eternal Winter Golden Ale, offering promise of summer, if it ever bloody arrives.

Back to Vlad's point now that I have moved his post. Captn Sensible can you provide details of the 10th, do we all assemble at a given time with said beer :) bring a sample for tasting or grab and run?

My amber is looking a bit dodgy, had to break out the emergency safale :ph34r:

Social intercourse will be available, the place is booked out for the day, there will be 5 beers and a soda water on tap (until I get bored and let the dogs out for some entertainment). But I wont be brewing as that makes me lose count of the bottles. Also, social intercourse goes better with lubrication, and usually at case swap day, people are driving. I am such a hard core brewer that I would contemplate cycling home from a case swap with my case in a large backpack. But I've never had to as I always make sure the swap is at my place. Funny that.

So..be prepared for a couple of beers at case swap, more if you can get someone to drive, but for a brew day, start a new thread and suggest a date. I'll be there, as long as there a cycle path heading out your way.

I bottled my case beers tonight, and a frigging disaster it was too. Decanted to (unused for long time) bottling bucket. Tap had split. Couldnt go and measure and dissolve priming sugar cos holding tap together to stop leakage. Stuck. Fortunately Fleur came home after 30 mins. She got to hold tap together while I rushed around, dissolved and mixed priming sugar, filled bottles. She wasnt entirely happy about the steady trickle of ESB on her work shoes but there you go.

So should we set a 'latest time to arrive' so us folk from the deep south can avoid having to come back for the case :)

I shall have the requesite 2N-2 beers, the quality may be questionable but they will come with a guarantee that you can still see after consumption :p

Unless anyone has an objection, Captain Sensible says:

GET YOUR CASE BEERS TO GLS PLACE BEFORE 3PM ON 10 DECEMBER. ADDRESS PM'D SOON.

Those taking the "short time" visit option will be arriving about 3pm and they expect to be able to deposit and pick up in a short period of time, especially if they happen to have a newborn, so dont hold them up.

I always have an emergency package of Dubrovnichs in the freezer. so anyone who feels the need to stay awhile will be looked after. Although the dogs are quite keen on the smoked Chorizos, so there may be a battle to the death involved in getting hold of one.

(until I get bored and let the dogs out for some entertainment)

.... hmmm I think I might get there early.

What with all the palaver in other states, dropping bottles here and there, labelling, drinking, us laid back sandgropers are falling off the radar.

Most people know the address but I will send it out to case members at the weekend.

Heres the front label for one of my case beers to get things going.

front.jpg

And heres the back. I was in 2 minds about putting it in the case, but tried one last night, and its drinking quite well young, considering the alcohol. Be better with another month or two. But its gassing up, unlike my previous barley wine.

back.jpg

Sounds great Simon, nice to see somebody setting the bar high :)

After trying one of my golden ales, it has the opposite problem. I highly recommend chilling well, then cracking the lid and leaving it open for 10-15 minutes in the fridge, just to let it settle a bit, then dencanting via a jug.

There is no danger of bottle bombs, or gushers, it's just a bit overcarbonated.

Looks sensational GL.

Heres my label,

My beer is at the other end of the spectrum...i think the label speaks for itself :D

Bottles are clean, CP filling will take place over the weekend.

christmas_case_2005.jpg

Oh shit.....

I bought a box of 20mm dia white dots - I'm going for that 'boutique', hand labelled look.

very nice work chaps.

Well mine has been stuck in the fermenter for 3 weeks now :eek: I hope it is palletable! Will be bottling tomorrow ...

I have some crappy white stickers too Goat so you wont be the only one! Maybee I'll use a coloured marker on them :)

pushing the envelope there Jason.....couloured ink is a whole new universe

I might have to put a bigger effort into it this year - sufficient effort in fact to be enough to distract the unwary drinker for a while at least

Back