rubbish find

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewkid

Reaction score
20170613_123300.jpg
found these on a rubbish pile the other day :]

Those bigger keg are what I use as fermenters. You can get 21 litres of wort into them. I chop the dip tube about 40mm shorter and then leave 2 litres behind what transferring to a serving keg.....they would be the other 2 kegs you found.

Nice find emmo. Anthony.

Those bigger keg are what I use as fermenters. You can get 21 litres of wort into them. I chop the dip tube about 40mm shorter and then leave 2 litres behind what transferring to a serving keg.....they would be the other 2 kegs you found.

Nice find emmo. Anthony.

do you just seal them up and let the pressure build, or do you modify them to suit an airlock or something?

definatley going to see if they fit my fermenting fridge now, they wont fit in my kegorator.

Where abouts did you find them? I drove past what looks like that same mattress today in Reservoir!
It's funny now I brew, your always on the look out for stuff for the brewery.

Whoever the unfortunate brewers soul. You now have (in a pressure ferment equipment sense) :
Two fermentation vessels (the taller ones) and the shorter receiving (serving kegs).
Good grab!

spunding valve is what you want, read this thread
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/spunding-valve.90341/
Yeah, you can use a spunding valve. I have one of those. If you want to just start simple without having to buy any special gear, just put a gas disconnect onto the gas post. Before you attach the gas disconnect put a 400mm long piece of gas line onto the disconnect. The end of the gas line is then put into a bottle that has starsan in it.

These are referred to as blow off tubes, you can search them on google of course if you want more detail.

See you, Anthony

Where abouts did you find them? I drove past what looks like that same mattress today in Reservoir!
It's funny now I brew, your always on the look out for stuff for the brewery.

i found them in guildford, sort of western Sydney

Yeah, you can use a spunding valve. I have one of those. If you want to just start simple without having to buy any special gear, just put a gas disconnect onto the gas post. Before you attach the gas disconnect put a 400mm long piece of gas line onto the disconnect. The end of the gas line is then put into a bottle that has starsan in it.

These are referred to as blow off tubes, you can search them on google of course if you want more detail.

See you, Anthony

ahh of course, i didnt think of blow off tubes, i have been using them for ages too...........

Cool, simple solution mate. That's the value of this forum, right? Sharing information amongst the community.

See you, Anthony

Man, I grew up in Guildford and my Dad still lives there. I better check he isn't emptying the f#cking garage out!!!!

Man, I grew up in Guildford and my Dad still lives there. I better check he isn't emptying the f#cking garage out!!!!

there was shit everywhere when i drove up woodville rd the other day, thats why i went exploring and found those kegs

Latest posts

Back