Ross's Summer Ale .. Very Cloudy Wort

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least have a beer....... don't make things awkward now!

:p

Cheers

A becks or a bex??

No I'm not stringing you along .. I've just fallen out of my tree temporarily. I obviously don't brew often enough.

Anyway, its bubbling now .. must have heard me typing! I'll relax and have a sparkling shiraz and a good lie down!

Phew !

Can we relax now ?

Pumpy :)

Polyclar VT for sure and Insinglass (if you bottle). I've got my first brews with Polyclar VT comming out now, very pleased with the result

I just saw this post. Great stuff braufrau.
By the way where did you get the idea brewing was stressful LOL
Did you use kettle finings?
It will be fine
Did I say fine.
Must be fine then.....

Phew !

Can we relax now ?

Pumpy :)

well a little, you know. One has to be on tenterhooks 'til bottling day when you get that taste from the hydrometer. And there's another two weeks while it carbonates.

BTW Matti - I used whirlfloc in the kettle. You're right. It will be fine. already the beer is clearing. :)
embarrassed001.gif

Interesting.

I'm having similar problems to varying degrees myself. I just made a Summer Ale using local malts and the wort was very "thick" with cloudy thick material (I no chill). I'm still not totally sure what it is, cold break or something else but it really thickens up my wort and causes issues with the ferment in that as it settles into the bottom of the fermenter it stops any yeast from getting through and I end up the clear part of the wort on top fermented but the "thick" part on the bottom unfermented. A quick stir with a sterilized spoon fixes that but it is very annoying and I haven't been able to put my finger on the cause although it seems to be worse with a high % of JW Ale malt.

Keep an eye on the ferment braufrau, make sure it ferments right through and stir it up if nec.

Guess what?

The beer turned out beautifully. Clear and delicious without any gelatine. :)

Back