Rogue Juniper Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No i haven't but im kinda scared to. There is a phenolic i pickup in some terrible HB beers that makes me think of juniper and im worried i'll end up with 20L of the stuff. :p

This weekend we are brewing a Juniper beer, not sure if we should go the Pale Ale as above or a Northern Brown with a hint of Juniper.

QldKev

Food for thought, I think I've read of people using the juniper branch in their strike water??? Possibly another way to get some flavour into the final beer.

Cheers SJ

Anyone that still wants to get some jumper berries, 100g for approx 4 bucks avail from basfoods down victoria st in brunswick. Awesome for middle eastern gorceries too! wall to wall of pulses, spices and anything else you can think of!
wish i had of found this thread a few days ago. the suppliers i found sold 25g for about $4 (all health food shops). I stupidly bought 50g before seeing this thread. gave the basfood guys a call.

I asked if they could post juniper out as it was small. they said they dont normally do that sort of thing but that could work it out.

400g of juniper at a cost even less that 100g for $4 and postage at cost, no 'service charge' even though it looks like they physically went to the local post offfice to send. arrived the next day. look quite fresh as you can crush them between your fingers even though they are dried.

happy and recommend them. now to wait for nobel hops to arive and i can brew my juniper ales :D

Food for thought, I think I've read of people using the juniper branch in their strike water??? Possibly another way to get some flavour into the final beer.

Cheers SJ
yup a lot of recipes ive seen call for junipe branchs and berries in the mash.

Back