Rocks Brewing Re-opening Harts Pub, The Rocks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made it round the horn .... a beer from each tap.
Scotty

So what is up the taps? I will be walking past Harts late this arvo after lunch at The Lord & a quick look at whatever The Aust has on it's taps. It can't be too much longer until I can stop at Harts can it?

James

Scotty is it True? Just got an interesting message from Facebook that it'll be open tomorrow from 11am. Please tell me it's true. I'm seeing clients in the city tomorrow and morning and might have to grab a sneaky before heading back to the office.

Yeah saw the Facebook entry, opening is the 11th March at 11am, seems quite a good time to open.

I hope to make it in there some time next week, do we have a confirmed beer and food menu yet?

Cheerz Wabster.

"Swoosh" go the sound of doors opening!

So yep, as Grant has surmised correctly, if you see it on the Internet .... its kinda true. Needless to say, as well prepared as we will be, there will be lots of things to figure out as we go along. In the first few weeks there will be lots of bugs to iron out, please be a bit forgiving, especially the new staff and beers.

Must dash, another 6am morning tomorrow.

Scotty

might have to have my fair well drinks here when i leave the boat.

I have a posse organised for lunch time and am working on another for after work (although I can't hang back too long).

Hope to see some AHB faces to help launch another great craft beer icon for Sydney.

Doc

I have a posse organised for lunch time and am working on another for after work (although I can't hang back too long).

Hope to see some AHB faces to help launch another great craft beer icon for Sydney.

Doc

No doubt you'll be in Docs' corner ...

A mate and I made it there for a couple of beers with Doc, Petesbrew, Jazzafish (+ Phrak turned up at the end).

I had some good beers (Rocks Pale Ale, Stone & Wood and Schwartz Pale Ale), great food (chips +jalapeno poppers), good company... they're on to a winner.

Congrats and best wishes to Scotty etc.

Will have to make a trip in thats for sure....

Oh hell yeah! I'm stoked to hear about this, couldn't have come at a better time...i'll be in the city on Friday and Saturday nights this week!

Good work Scotty, really looking forward to checking the place out!

Looks like I will be up in Sydney Wednesday night, so hopefully I will get the chance to pop my head in and take a gander.

Brendo

Looks like I will be up in Sydney Wednesday night, so hopefully I will get the chance to pop my head in and take a gander.

Brendo
SWMBO has checked out your website and has offered to be your cider taste tester for your planed cider if it eventuates.

"Swoosh" go the sound of doors opening!

So yep, as Grant has surmised correctly, if you see it on the Internet .... its kinda true. Needless to say, as well prepared as we will be, there will be lots of things to figure out as we go along. In the first few weeks there will be lots of bugs to iron out, please be a bit forgiving, especially the new staff and beers.

Must dash, another 6am morning tomorrow.

Scotty

You beauty! Coincidence or what? Girl at work just gave me all these 'value vouchers' or something along those lines.
Hey Hey Harts pub - 2 for the price of 1
See ya soon scotty!

Went tonight for a few hours. Place looks great and the beers tasted even better.
Menu looks good too, Just had wedges as had dinner waiting at home. Had a good chat to Mark and his lovely wife and the bar staff seem like a friendly bunch.

As a bonus I got to witness the beer fountain up close.....

Cheers fella's for coming in. You know who your mates are when one of them (Doc), is standing outside at 10.30am after rescheduling a meeting to 8am so he could order the first pint over the bar.

Scotty

Sounds like today is a good day for wandering down and testing what is on tap - hopefully will make it at lunch time

Cheers fella's for coming in. You know who your mates are when one of them (Doc), is standing outside at 10.30am after rescheduling a meeting to 8am so he could order the first pint over the bar.

Scotty

Every pub has blokes like these .. they are called "alcoholics"

Good stuff me Harties, I assume it'll be on the AHB Pub Crawl no doubt !

Every pub has blokes like these .. they are called "alcoholics"

I prefer the term enthusiastic connoisseur :p

Fantastic to have Harts open. The food and beer selection (both draft and bottle) is awesome.

Doc

I dropped by the other day and I was impressed. Nice work Scotty!

A refreshing change to all the souless pubs around decked out in stainless steel, TVs killing any kind of conversation and just the usual suspects on tap. I tried the Rocks Brewery Pale Ale and the Schwartz Brewery Pale ale both of which were great.

One question - what is the story with 315ml glasses?? I wasn't the only patron questioning this strange glass size. The guy behind the bar didn't seem familiar with beer glass sizes and didn't know what people meant asking if they were schmiddy's lol

I was relieved pint glasses were available. Why no schooners? we are in oz afterall not the UK ;)

Latest posts

Back