Rocks Brewing Re-opening Harts Pub, The Rocks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

///

Reaction score
Rocks Brewing is re-opening Harts Pub, the Rocks Sydney, taking over the leasehold.

The process began some months ago, with the final hurdle this Thursday the 17/12 with the matter going before the OLGR review panel. The process has been pretty smooth, so crossed fingers for the same with Thursdays' hearing. If not approved next month, will have to wait the till January.

The Pub is just around the corner from the Shangri-La and the Aussie Hotel. Its also a hop-skip-and jump from the likes of the Belgium Beer Bar, Red Oak and the Lord Nellie (the 3 Sheets is the best in years at the Nelly at the moment ... but I digress).

When the licence is granted, work will start. A new kitchen will be put in and installation of 12 new taps on each level. 5 taps will be Rocks Beers, the remaining 7 will be Australian Craft Brewed beer rotated regularly. The bar fridges will have a mix of bottled product, again mostly local Aussie fair, and some special ring-ins. A lot of effort is also being put into the wine/bubbles/cider/spirits list to ensure there is something for everyone. Lastly, when things are under control Real Ale will be served on a Friday/Saturday, then full time.

We'll let folks know how things go via the usual channels (Blogger, FB and the AHB).

Scotty

awesome! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the Red Ale!!

The Red will likely be the first on handpump, had it last week at Real Ale Fest and it was tops ...

The Pub is just around the corner from the Shangri-La ....

Oh damn shame that! Guess which hotel is on the top of my employers corporate preferred list of Hotels when staying in Sydney... ;)

I hope you take Amex and can do me a meals and drinks tab with a tax invoice, Scotty... :p

Harts used to be a regular haunt for my office (being diagonally across the street from the office and all).
Really looking forward to it opening and being able to get some great beer close to the office (other than the Belgian Bier Cafe on the other side of the office). Good luck guys, and bring on January.

Doc

Great to hear things are still progressing on that front Scotty.
Be great when it opens.

Cheers
Jason.

Oh damn shame that! Guess which hotel is on the top of my employers corporate preferred list of Hotels when staying in Sydney... ;)

I hope you take Amex and can do me a meals and drinks tab with a tax invoice, Scotty... :p

Yep, can be billed straight back to your room or straight to you!

Will also be doing a 'drink@harts' members card type thing, I take it you'de be happy to be a member?

Anyways, still at the mercy of the licensing, fingers crossed.

Scotty

If you get this done before I leave, I will be there with friends on my final weekend. Am not hopeful though :(.

Been looking forward to this since hearing the good news at the Aussie Beer festival.
The Rocks has always been my favourite place in the city for drinking and this solidifys that reputation and gives me another leg on the "tour". ;)

Cant wait for this to get off the ground

The AHB Sydney pub crawl is going to have a new home methinks

It will be great to have a place which is a cross between RedOak (good selection of own beers) and Taphouse (good range of beers from different brewers). Good luck with the venture.

Scotty, any chance you will be trading by the end of the month?

C&B
TDA

Sorry, take 2 on reply. With licence grant we will take possession 1 Jan. Kitchen and beer line work will see us a few weeks later. We can always send pics of what you have missed to be right bastards?

Wont find out till the morning (tomorrow) about licensing and the next steps ...

Scotty

Giddy-up, Licence approved!

Scotty

AWESOME!

Cant wait!!

what sort of other beers are you looking at having on Tap scotty?

AWESOME!

Cant wait!!

what sort of other beers are you looking at having on Tap scotty?

I dont feel so good ....

Will build up to 5 beers, got the current Red and Pale, will go to a Porter, Aussie Ale (taking the lead from Bridge road) and a 3% Bitter. Remaining taps will change around all the time, but focus is on Aussie beer. Will also do some specialities and stuff.

Scotty

Latest posts

Back