Rocks Brewing Re-opening Harts Pub, The Rocks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scotty, got a confirmed beer list for opening?

although, I'm not sure I can go past a Rocks Red Ale.. :icon_drool2:

DJ

Beers coming in ... so far

Rocks 1809 Pale
Rocks Irish Red
Rocks Porter
Rocks Bitter
Cider (likely Pipsquek)
Stone and Wood Draught
Scharers Bock
Murrays Pils and Whale Ale
Potters Kolsch
Wicked Elf Pale
5IBC Wit (i really like what AG is doing here)

Will stay that way for 6-8 week then move around. The fridge has a mix as well, and will move around as well.

Scotty

DJ

Rocks 1809 Pale
Rocks Irish Red
Rocks Porter
Rocks Bitter
Cider (likely Pipsquek)
Stone and Wood Draught - AWESOME!!
Scharers Bock
Murrays Pils and Whale Ale - AWESOME!
Potters Kolsch
Wicked Elf Pale - AWESOME!!!

Will stay that way for 6-8 week then move around. The fridge has a mix as well, and will move around as well.

Scotty

Nice lineup!!!

DJ

Rocks 1809 Pale
Rocks Irish Red
Rocks Porter
Rocks Bitter
Cider (likely Pipsquek)
Stone and Wood Draught
Scharers Bock
Murrays Pils and Whale Ale
Potters Kolsch
Wicked Elf Pale

Scotty

Scotty, I wish you were open this afternoon! Great line up

Almost ... almost. Just a few things to get done, which were a bit unexpected to Mark and Andy who are the main drivers for the opening. So looks like it will fall into early next week. I have the easy part, beer is made and ready to go on tap!

Scotty

Almost ... almost. Just a few things to get done, which were a bit unexpected to Mark and Andy who are the main drivers for the opening. So looks like it will fall into early next week. I have the easy part, beer is made and ready to go on tap!

Scotty
Sounds good, I hope you don't run into similar issues to Sam with licensing dragging out. I will be in Sydney on the 20th, so hopefully it will be all go by then.

Luckily we have our license, this is just a few delays on the cellar and the Sydney Harbour Foreshore side. Couple of forms and the like not received and processed yadda yadda.

We had a private function on Sat and the pub scrubs up pretty well I must say. But very much look forward to pulling the first pint, its been a journey.

Scotty

Did you end up putting a beer engine in Scotty?

Not yet, will have a block on the python to use a cooling saddle for casks, but will wait till things are opening and running till we put on the hand pulls. Or there could be a random post on twitter when hand pulled beer goes on ... will keep folks guessing ... you never know what is in the cool room at the moment ...

Scotty

So when is the Rocks Brewing Co. comp happening so one of us can have our own beers on tap?

Still taping our fingers waiting for SHFA, when we here form them we have 2 days of work then will be open ...

Looking good, can't wait to try some of the beers.

Soon ... pulled the first beer today after the water test. No leaks, but Doc was happily waiting for QA purposes ....

Scotty

65006395_00b188e4b49aedf117097fb2c7660874.4b751e26_scaled.jpg

65004996.jpg

Back