RIP David Bowie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw. Such a shame! This and Lemmy, it's a sad time.

Woah.
My partner will be quite upset when she gets home from work.

Legendary figure, space oddity in and of himself.

Not good birthday news.

RIP DB

****. I just listened to his new album while brewing. Then my wife came out to tell me the news.
Culture vulture before it was cool, innovator for 3 decades....and at 69, on his last legs still produces a relevant album.

Aint no one done the shit hes done and spanned the entire pop culture for so long.

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust is playing in my garage and I am not going inside until it has finished.

I first heard it and thought no! but with relief it was reported as a hoax and was happy.
5 minutes later the dread news of it actually being true. :(

Ho. Lee. ****. It never occurred to me that he would die, strangely enough. Thanks for some of the finest memories my life has produced, and travel well you odd duck.

http://youtu.be/aDRi30GNFMc

"All I have is my love of love, but love is not loving."

One of the most important things I've ever learned. Thanks Thin White Duke.

Ground control to major tom, your circuits dead... There's something wrong...

Sad news indeed ,time to get out the CDs and load the player in my ute.
I reckon if I drive slowly enough I'll be able to listen to Young Americans and Diamond Dogs before I get to he job.

I love the song Heroes.
He rips through it, emotion building as the song escalates.
Def one my fave songs of all time.
I saw him last tour here, prob 2002? Awesome.
All the old stuff is good but as a teenager I loved the 1995 album 'Outside'.

Gutted. Another one of the greats gone. But if I read another comment on Facebook along the lines of "taken too soon" or "gone way too young", I may have a fit. He was almost 70 and had an amazing life. He contributed an incredible amount to music for many, many years. Are some of these idiots mistaking him for Bieber?

I only said to my missus the other day after Lemmy went, who's gonna be the third? Like a lot of the great musos who I heard when I was uounger, I didnt appreciate how good Bowie was until I hit my 20's. Genius

Labyrinth is one of my partners favourite movies, only just the other week made the boys watch it.

I found the prominence of his package disturbing.

He seemed like a good bloke. RIP.

Nick R said:
Just saw. Such a shame! This and Lemmy, it's a sad time.
Yeah, but only one of them slept with Iggy and Mick Jagger.

Never really got into Bowie, but still appreciate his body of work and specifically enjoy pieces of it. Bowie just 'looked too disco" to me. (*Edit: Bad mullet and all, plus the movie Christiane F. referenced Bowie far too much).

Still, it's a bad time when so many legends passing. Maybe they're going ahead to prepare the way for us all. Or maybe it's just their time. I'm sure the 60s and 70's' were very kind to many rockers.

Have you watched 'Wildthings'? Why the hell they decided to display Kevin Bacons "package" is beyond me.
Sad news indeed with Bowies passing, the dude was gifted. Every time one of the greats passes it feels like the end of a chapter in music history. These people "created" sounds and experiences that changed people's lives.
It all turned to shit in the 00's in my opinion, I don't think the likes of Creed or Nickelback will have a profound impact on anything decades from now...

<snipped>
It all turned to shit in the 00's in my opinion, I don't think the likes of [Censored] or [Deleted] will have a profound impact on anything decades from now...
Why even mention those candidates for the Legendary Arse-clowns of Rock Museum (ahem, Maroon Five) on this page, showing respect for Bowie?

Capture.JPG

Back