Replacing A Poppet Valve In A Keg Post

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nabs478

Reaction score
Refer to subject...I have the little rubber seal and the post. How do you open up the post and drop in the seal?

Hope you guys can help!

Thanks

Pip

Refer to subject...I have the little rubber seal and the post. How do you open up the post and drop in the seal?

Hope you guys can help!

Thanks

Pip

Screw the post off,you'll need a ring spanner or deep socket.Poppet will come out easily,just replace and screw back on.

Easy as

Batz

As Batz said,
Unscrew the post from you're keg & drop in a new poppet valve. Screw it back on.

post-poppet.jpg

Cheers,
Brian

If your posts are anything like mine, the poppets are well wedged inside...

Just grab a pair of needle-nose pliers and pull, then replace with new poppet.

Simple as! :beerbang:

Cheers

Interesting video.

I have the poppets valves in my hand.

What I need to do now is to replace the poppet valve seal. I have played with it for some time and cant see how the seal can come of the poppet. Anyone got any advice?

Thanks

Interesting video.

I have the poppets valves in my hand.

What I need to do now is to replace the poppet valve seal. I have played with it for some time and cant see how the seal can come of the poppet. Anyone got any advice?

Thanks

Rip damaged poppet seal off with a pair of pliers - The new one should squeeze over the nipple without too much problem. Pull the spring down with your nail & you'll have better access to it. Hard to explain in text, but hopefully you get the drift.

cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back