Recommended Reading.?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deserter

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a few different brew books however none of them give a comprehensive step by step guide to the whole process. I am in the midst of the all grain revolution and there is a certain comfort in having a book there to guide you through it. Wondering if anyone knows of a great definitive book on the subject. Not too layman but not assuming that i already know everything.
Cheers all,
Look forward to havin a yarn soon..

If you can get yourself to a brewday, you will learn heaps a demo is far better than reading instructions.

The first brewday I attended was a real eye opener, and you get to meet some great people who enjoy

the challenge of making great beer.

There is probably a member in your area who would be happy to let you sit in on a brewday and answer your questions.

Cheers and good luck.

Hmmm.. problem is I'm in alice springs where there is no brew shop (thus the bulk order request) and seems to be no discernable brewing network within the area. due to the lack of a brew shop most people do the Kmart kit thing and it just makes lame beer. if anyone can correct me on this i would be most happy to be wrong.

so far ordered one from somewhere in NSW (big mistake) shipping cost me a motza. Just discovered beerbelly.com.au and thats pretty shit hot but am always open to suggestion. checked out that site looks very good cheers for the heads up. still only got the gear for partial mash but am in the design stage of building my own set up. know any good sites with that sort of info?

The aforementioned palmer book has good info on building mash tuns etc. There's also info here - what kind of system are you building?

Check Craftbrewer prices and Grain and Grape prices. Grain and grape are auspost delivery, both links at the top of the page. I'm sure they will answer any queries you have as both are friendly, informative and helpful in my experience.

As i mentioned I'm only just in the transition so have a few considerations thinking standard stock pot as a kettle, probably a good old esky mash tun , probably PVC/copper heat transfer. open to suggestions or modifications.
Cheers.

Back