Recommend a 4 way CO2 manifold?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosco

Reaction score
I'm very over my KK 4 way manifiold. I should have got rid of it a long time ago after many empty gas bottles. If the valves are off they are off. If they are on they are on. If they are any where in between they leak and its a fine line sometimes and hard to hear the leak. One valve leaks when its on so its basically a 3 way manifold. Yes I have been lazy in putting up with it for this long.

Can any one recommend one? I only ask because some that say they have check valves look exactly like my shit KK one. Im dubious about the check valve claim. The best I can find at my price range is at Cheeky Peak. Plus I might try some universal keg poppets. The other one I saw is at the Kegging Company. Its 1/2 price which sounds good and a 5 way but sounds to good to be true. I did buy a dual out put reg from them which has turned out to be great.

Keep an eye out for a really good quality 4 way manifold at a bargain price :ph34r:

Same as mine. I guess its luck of the draw. I got a replacement valve ages ago to see how it went but never got around to trying it. I have read other people have no trouble with the KK ones. I was just unlucky i guess.

Do you have the old KK manifold or the current one? My old ones were crap and sent me nearly mad trying to find the leaks, and the check valves didn't work. The new ones have been great, no leaks and the check valves work. Still on the same 6.8kg bottle of gas I got refilled 17 months ago (4 tap keezer, with 2 x 4 way manifolds, and and also use CO2 for cleaning kegs and taps). With the old manifolds I was going through the same amount of gas in about 3-4 months

Maybe give KK a shout as I've found them to be really helpful on the phone and they've always seemed pretty keen to make sure the stuff they sell actually works

mate.. Im never certain a part wont fail, Ive got a KK x 4 as well and my standard practice is to charge and turn the bottle off, never lost a bottle with that method... if I have a slow leak it doesnt really matter

Its a bit over 2 years old which would make it the leaky one i guess. I got it from GnG for about $30 i think so not too fussed. My new reg has valves on it so i should put em to use or even safer turn off at the bottle. Bad old habits.

Point taken. Better idea since i spent all my money on hops

I don't know what brand mine is but I got it from a seller on eBay. It did have a leak in one of the valves when I first got it which resulted in an empty CO2 bottle, so I took all the valves and the threaded end pieces out, coated the threads in silicone and put them back into place. Haven't had a single leak since. The CO2 bottle was replaced with a full one in late December and is still going strong. I think this is a good idea to do with any manifold regardless of where it comes from.

Not sure cheap and reliable belong in the same sentence with these. We've trialled various units from a number of importers, manufacturers and distributors posing as manufacturers (you get that a lot in China). Frankly, we've all but given up. Failure rates went from about 1:10 to 7-8:10. Micro leaks are problematic....and expensive. The answer would be to buy once and buy very well.

Buy all the parts from pirtek and make your own, they have a 6 port bare manifold for under $15 then you just need valves and barbs.

Then you know that its built properly.

Rocker1986 said:
I don't know what brand mine is but I got it from a seller on eBay. It did have a leak in one of the valves when I first got it which resulted in an empty CO2 bottle, so I took all the valves and the threaded end pieces out, coated the threads in silicone and put them back into place. Haven't had a single leak since. The CO2 bottle was replaced with a full one in late December and is still going strong. I think this is a good idea to do with any manifold regardless of where it comes from.
Yep. Probably something i should have tried a long time ago. They are leaking from the valve though so not sure if it will work.

HBHB said:
Not sure cheap and reliable belong in the same sentence with these. We've trialled various units from a number of importers, manufacturers and distributors posing as manufacturers (you get that a lot in China). Frankly, we've all but given up. Failure rates went from about 1:10 to 7-8:10. Micro leaks are problematic....and expensive. The answer would be to buy once and buy very well.
Any suggestions on a good one to buy?

homebrewkid said:
Buy all the parts from pirtek and make your own, they have a 6 port bare manifold for under $15 then you just need valves and barbs.

Then you know that its built properly.
Theres one on the way home from work. Ill drop in and have a look.

I bought one from National Home Brew recently. Connected to gas and submerged and no leaks.

Recommended.

seems that the recommendation to buy a cheap one and spend money on Loctite 577 to seal it all up.
Leak-test it first, it could be spot-on already.

Mr B said:
I bought one from National Home Brew recently. Connected to gas and submerged and no leaks.

Recommended.
Looked on the site. I could only see a 2 way. Looks like a KK one.

there seems to be a pretty good one on the cheeky peak brewery website. Premium 4-way manifold with check valves and a PRV rated at 60psi.

Last time I used on/off switches, were the plastic style that connected into each other and never had an issue.

I was thinking (once I get the kegerator) of going manifold, but avoiding the ebay ones after reading this thread. I'll probably go with the kegging company or just do the plastic thing again.I do like how expandable they are and never had a leak.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Last time I used on/off switches, were the plastic style that connected into each other and never had an issue.

I was thinking (once I get the kegerator) of going manifold, but avoiding the ebay ones after reading this thread. I'll probably go with the kegging company or just do the plastic thing again.I do like how expandable they are and never had a leak.
Is that the type that uses John Guest push in fittings ?

nosco said:
Well, there is a certain visual sameness between most of them, including the ebay ones.

I got a 6 way one. It doesnt leak, I tested it up to 300kpa submerged in water.

I also rate NHB, which played a factor in purchasing from them. Not sure if leaky or not is completely random, or if Martin is being very polite and correct and not saying that the ones NHB stocks may be better quality than others.

I just know that mine doesnt leak, and I told you where I got it from because I am happy with it, as that is what you asked.

Latest posts

Back