Recommend a 4 way CO2 manifold?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I linked to the Cheeky Peak one in my first post BKBrews. They do look to be the best ones around (by look only that is) so if I cant work anything else out Ill probably go with that one since the Keggging Company one has sold out. I messaged them to see if any more are coming in. I really liked the look of them and a great price.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Last time I used on/off switches, were the plastic style that connected into each other and never had an issue.
I think he means these ones. I actually have 2 of those that work really well. I was using them on lower carbed beers until I got my new reg. They are very easy to use and add on to but I dont like that they move around. I think I had (yet another) leak from them when I had a 6 pack leaning on it in the keezer.

Im going to check out Pirtek after work tomorrow. Im wondering if they have anything like this and if they would work?

God dam Loctite is exy!! Or at least the quick search I did.......

Yes Yob Im too lazy and forgetful to turn off the gas bottle. Still going with a manifold.

Mr B said:
Well, there is a certain visual sameness between most of them, including the ebay ones.

I got a 6 way one. It doesnt leak, I tested it up to 300kpa submerged in water.

I just know that mine doesnt leak, and I told you where I got it from because I am happy with it, as that is what you asked.
Thanks for the recommendation Mr B. It was exactly what I asked for. Definitely still an option. KK or NHB or who ever makes them is not really a concern. I think they might have improved since I bought mine like Blind Dog said. I never did do a test in water with my manifold so I only have my self to blame.

Im trying not to burn money money in a hurry like I normally do. So taking my time (a little bit). This time tomorrow ill be posting how I blew my money at Pirtek :lol:

I should point out though that leaks in the thread etc is not the problem. Its when the valves are not completely on or off thats the problem. Off is easy. Finding on/open without a leak is not always easy. You have to listen for it. If I accidentally knock the valve without realising I wake up to an empty gas bottle.

nosco said:
I should point out though that leaks in the thread etc is not the problem. Its when the valves are not completely on or off thats the problem. Off is easy. Finding on/open without a leak is not always easy. You have to listen for it. If I accidentally knock the valve without realising I wake up to an empty gas bottle.
If you have gas hose and a gas QD connected to each valve in the manifold, this shouldn't matter right? That is how my keggerator is set up and after much tweaking is now not leaking.

GalBrew said:
If you have gas hose and a gas QD connected to each valve in the manifold, this shouldn't matter right? That is how my keggerator is set up and after much tweaking is now not leaking.
What kind of valves are you using?

Does any one know if these would actually work? or would they just leak gas all the time. They have them on some of the machine at work so ill see if I can find out.

Free-Shipping-SL-Pneumatic-Throttle-Valve-Quick-Push-In-Air-Fitting-Connector-8MM-Tube-To-1.jpg_640x640.jpg

They do look good. I like the look of those valves. About $68 au plus shipping. More than I'm willing to pay arm but I'll wait and see. Out of stock at Morebeer but they are on Amazon.
Martin from the Kegging Company said they will have more manifolds back in 2 weeks.

I went to Pirtek in Yarraville today, right around the corner from Grain and Grape, who knew :blink: . The dude in the store was really helpful. He rang around a few suppliers for manifolds and explained some gear but they didnt have what I needed in store and I could buy 3 home brew manifolds for the price. Maybe not all Pirteks are create equal. The pin lock valves I pictured above are kinda suitable. They limit flow but not PSI so I guess it might just take longer to reach pressure if not full open. Could be useful I guess but I would prefer just full on/off.

Unless someone can suggest otherwise Im going to get these 3 just for the sake of experimentation and impulse buying.

1/4" to 8mm push in fittings

1/4" male to female ball valves x 7

7 ports manifold which would make a 6 way manifold

A total of $34.47 with free shipping and a long wait for delivery from China. Could be could. Could be cheap and nasty.

Plus some thread sealant.

It would make a pretty deluxe manifold if it all works ok. The only thing its lacking is non return valves.

Edit: I could always put NRV's on the gas lines to keep it neat

Finally got the valves yesterday. I couldnt get all 6 of them in because of the handles but I figured this would be the case. So take off 2 of the valves off the cost but add in 2 brass plugs for a 4 way. Slightly cheaper. I need one more plug.

I probably shouldn't have waisted all that teflon tape but i was keen to check it out. Thread sealant will do a better job but will blow the cost out. If i get time ill test it on the weekend.

The keezer needs a serious overhaul.

1477563633053.jpg

Putting it together now with some $5 liquid thread sealant I got form Bunnings. I got some from Supercheap but it was $13 for 10ml. If the Bunnings stuff works ok (50ml's ;) Ill take it back.

I really hope it works ok because these brass push in fittings are really easy to use. They are spring loaded so when you push it in the line it released instantly. Unlike the JG ones where you have to pry it out bit by bit. It will make working with the gas lines really easy.

24 hours full cure time for the sealant plus I dont think I will be able to test it properly until next weekend if I am lucky.

Edit: it looks a lot prettier without 10 miles of pink Teflon tape on it. I also found while reading packaging that I should have used yellow tape as its made for gas. I should read more often.

Edit: Edit: Why didnt I look for another brass plug while I was at Bunnings today *head slap*

Messing shit this thread seal. I should have taken a few days to put the bits together so I could let them dry vertically.

nosco said:
Finally got the valves yesterday. I couldnt get all 6 of them in because of the handles but I figured this would be the case.
Could you unscrew the handles off the valves to allow you the room to fit the other ones as you screw them on?

I was hoping i could do that before i saw the valves but there is a piece of brass that the handle screws onto that stick out too far.

I could try the other kind of valve thats used on the bought manifolds but i only need a 4way really.

Latest posts

Back