Recomend A South African Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetfoley

Reaction score
Hey,
My wife is hosting a South African party tonight, and she are only serving Saffa food, so I though Id try and supply some Saffa beer.
Anyone recomend a decent South African beer? That I can buy at a bottle shop somewhere in Brisbane?

Ive seen a few ethiopian beers around so I'm sure South african beer exists in Australia...

Not quite South African,but i've tried Windhoek,from Namibia ,and for a mainstream lager it's more than acceptable.A very strong German brewing influence in that area of the world ,it's brewed to the 1516 law ,etc Not sure of the availability that way though :beer:

You can sometimes find Castle Lager for sale over here. Another one I've seen, which is very popular over there is Windhoek Lager, even though it's from Namibia. That used to be one of my faves. For Cider, you can't go past Savannah. All great with Biltong and Droewors!

Hope you've knocked up Monkey Gland Sauce for the side of cow with the mandatory creamed spinach, and are having Amarula Don Pedro's for dessert!

Good luck hunting down the drinks.

Latest posts

Back