• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Where to buy? German Beer Steins in Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoey

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm hosting a few people for an Oktoberfest party in September (serving a few of my lagers that I've been saving for a few months) and was after some 500mL dimpled German beer steins (like the one in the attached image). I've got a couple of the 1L ones but don't really want to be serving my friends such a large amount. I've also got a couple of the 500mL plastic versions from the Brisbane Oktoberfest but prefer glass .

BeerStein.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find a few in Brisbane or anywhere in Australia? I can find them in a few shops overseas (including the Oktoberfest website) but shipping is way to expensive. I would prefer logo-less but failing that a logo would also be fine.

Thanks in advance.

I've only ever gotten them for sale at Oktoberfest, and over the years the glass seems to be getting thinner.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1408745161.017367.jpgyou can get ones like this from Dan Murphy with beer

Try some hospitality equipment shops. I know that nisbets (eagle farm) and the hospitality shop (Wooloongabba / east brisbane) sell the pint size English style dimples glasses... Not sure about the German style ones though.

Looking on their website, The Hospitality Store don't seem to show all the stock the have in store... May need to call them.

We got some great 500ml beer mugs from aldi last year. Haven't seen them again this year so might be coming up soon.

earle said:
We got some great 500ml beer mugs from aldi last year. Haven't seen them again this year so might be coming up soon.
They did too, it was around Oktoberfest time.

These are the best. I bought 100 of them. Heavy too. They are round yet show the vertical lines. Really nice stuff and 500mL. Only $3 each. I know theyre not exactly what you want, but worth considering?

382443_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569854705942.png

mckenry said:
These are the best. I bought 100 of them. Heavy too. They are round yet show the vertical lines. Really nice stuff and 500mL. Only $3 each. I know theyre not exactly what you want, but worth considering?
they look good, cheap and easy to get hold of!

Just a thought. The Bavarian Bier Café at Eagle Street Pier in Brissy appears to serve beer in the steins you are after (pic below is taken from its website http://www.bavarianbiercafe.com/home/ ).

You could contact them and ask:

Do they sell them?
Do they rent them?
Who is their supplier?

If no luck maybe try other German restaurants/bars.

Good luck.

Stein.jpg

Try the cheap shops,I have seen them in the shops in the past.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I've tried the hospitality stores and restaurants but no-one seems to be able to get these. There seems to be quite a few 1L versions around but the 500mL ones are as rare as hens teeth. I'll have to check out the Bavarian Bier Cafe though, tried the German club but they don't have them. If nothing pops up I might wait to see if Aldi gets anything or just buy the Dan Murphy's steins, I saw them in store a couple of days ago and think they would be a suitable alternative.

Vinnies, Red Cross, Salvo's etc

I recall Aldi had some last year around Octoberfest time. I would suspect they probably will run them agin this year

Batz said:
Vinnies, Red Cross, Salvo's etc
Definitely this. It's always good to keep a regular check in at the local op shop. They have good glasses from time to time.

Latest posts

Back