RecipeDB - Rye Robust Porter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for my in experience but i am thinking of trying this recipy on the weekend but i have never dry hopped before do you just put the pellets in the frementer after the frst week or do you dilute them somehow?
Either drop em straight in ir use a hop bag or tea balk or a sanitised pair of stockings. it it as the name says, putting dry hops into the beer. U can make hop tea but it has a differant taste outcone

Thanks for that hopefully my wort chiller rocks up this week and i can try this recipy this weekend.

Wow. Brewed this no chill recently with some adjustments to fit what I had on hand. Pitched 10 days ago and hydrometer samples blew me away. No dry hop this time but I will definitely be brewing this again.

Wow. Brewed this no chill recently with some adjustments to fit what I had on hand. Pitched 10 days ago and hydrometer samples blew me away. No dry hop this time but I will definitely be brewing this again.

Glad it worked out for you. My latest version I upped the rye to 37% of the grain bill with a few other tweaks. Need to crank this one out again soon. Only a few bottles left.

Im brewing this on the weekend and am planning to use nottigham as its all i have on hand.

My question is mash temp. As nottingham is a great attenuator ive read its recommended to mash a couple of degrees higher. Ive used it before in a stout and it turned out a little dry. However, as rye gives an oily character if you mash too high it can end up sickly sweet.

Im debating mashing at 67, instead of 65. Any thoughts on this?

Resurrection! Surprised I even got an email alert haha.

I haven't brewed a lot with Nottingham so not sure how much higher attenuation you get out of it compared to 1056. I would be cautious going too high with the mash temp with the high-ish OG, perhaps aim for 66°C.

Good luck!

Back