RecipeDB - Dark Wheat Dunkelweizen

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony im out of Tett but I have a fair amount of saphir or spalt just wanted your opinion for subbing the Tett with either of these because I have not used much saphir before?
Cheers mate

Mate apologies..... i missed your post.

Any noble hop will do in a Hefe of Dunkel. Your not after a hop character so much as a clean smooth bitterness.

My latest Hefe uses NZ Hallertau aroma flowers, and i will be damned if its not perfect, i actually think the use of flowers adds a slight smoothness, you just dont know how much leaf and stick goes into those pellets IMO.

cheers

Mate apologies..... i missed your post.

Any noble hop will do in a Hefe of Dunkel. Your not after a hop character so much as a clean smooth bitterness.

My latest Hefe uses NZ Hallertau aroma flowers, and i will be damned if its not perfect, i actually think the use of flowers adds a slight smoothness, you just dont know how much leaf and stick goes into those pellets IMO.

cheers
I ended up using Tett mate. Still can't get over how nice this is! I might start brewing with flowers, I can see your point about the pellets but I have so many now so ill have to go through them first. Thanks for the recipe again man keep em coming!
:icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back