Recipe Over Hopped?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes! i guess only a few little changes can make a big difference. next time i shall be far more precise.

Edit...QB, apart from tannin issues, the temp is irrelevant for mcgraggen....he wasn't doing a mash, he was steeping crystal.
I should probably read all the posts before I open my mouth, eh? Didn't see it was crystal, my bad.

+1. When I first got into tweeking kits, I bought a Country Brewer 'Wet Pack'. The instuctions actually said to boil the grains. Maybe they thought the buyer understood that you are to boil the resultant liquid, but it did not specify in the instructions. I guarantee someone with no knowledge would have boiled it, grain and all, just going from instructions. Dont worry McCraggan - there are plenty more mistakes to be made along the way :eek: :lol: Its all experience.
EDIT: And some mistakes WONT be your fault. I know they're never my fault.

I'm looking at the instructions for a wetpac now, its a couple of years old, and can't find it telling you to boil the grains. It tells you soak the grains in the "malt tin" while the malt is boiling...... That mistake may have been yours. ;)

Back