Recipe Help Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakester

Reaction score
Usually i search for recipes on here that appeals to me then i go buy all the ingredients from local homebrew shop, grains all ready to go and hops usually from craftbrewer.
Now comes the problem, i stopped by a country brewer, thought i would try them and as i was unprepared just bought a few bags of grains, all cracked:
3kg Pale Malt
1 kg wheat
1kg Munich
I have at my disposal these hops:
Magnum, Nelson Sauvin, Amarillo, Saaz B and Northern Brewer and a touch of Cascade.
I usually do a 4kg BIAB batch and am hoping for a easy drinking ale. Also i have never used the Northern Brewer hop so was hoping to use this.
Any help to formulate a recipe will be great as i am still fairly new to Ag's.
Oh and i have a pack of US 05 to go with it.
Cheers in advance.

Usually i search for recipes on here that appeals to me then i go buy all the ingredients from local homebrew shop, grains all ready to go and hops usually from craftbrewer.
Now comes the problem, i stopped by a country brewer, thought i would try them and as i was unprepared just bought a few bags of grains, all cracked:
3kg Pale Malt
1 kg wheat
1kg Munich
I have at my disposal these hops:
Magnum, Nelson Sauvin, Amarillo, Saaz B and Northern Brewer and a touch of Cascade.
I usually do a 4kg BIAB batch and am hoping for a easy drinking ale. Also i have never used the Northern Brewer hop so was hoping to use this.
Any help to formulate a recipe will be great as i am still fairly new to Ag's.
Oh and i have a pack of US 05 to go with it.
Cheers in advance.

3kg Pale
1kg munich
0.4 wheat

20g magnum 60mins
20g NB 10mins
20gNB and your remaining cascade 0min

cheers

Browndog

looks the goods Browndog......one step ahead ! :)

3kg Pale
1kg munich
0.4 wheat

20g magnum 60mins
20g NB 10mins
20gNB and your remaining cascade 0min

cheers

Browndog

you know what i might even give that a go. looks nice.

Aaron

ps. I'm like a shark with knees

+1 browndog's recipe.

For a little extra fun, get yourself a california lager yeast and ferment at 16C

Nice American Amber...go with BD original recipe.
US 056 for the yeast

Cheers for the quick replies and great advice. I will do it sometime this week and will post on here how it turned out in a couple of weeks.
Thanks again all.

Latest posts

Back