Reasons I'm broke..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wilkensome, you don't need another fridge, but you do need another heat belt & a double adaptor

They're MUCH more effective when wrapped around your FV

And if you hang it, please don't let it contact the plastic walls of the fridge. The belt itself is ok but with nothing to dissipate the heat but air it will melt the plastic walls. The belts really are meant to be extracted heat from by a full fermenting vessel.

practicalfool said:
And if you hang it, please don't let it contact the plastic walls of the fridge. The belt itself is ok but with nothing to dissipate the heat but air it will melt the plastic walls. The belts really are meant to be extracted heat from by a full fermenting vessel.
Thanks PF, that is one of the things I was worried about after a test and the sides were warmer than I was happy with.. So if you want to use to 2 heat belts do you need 2 temp controllers?

Reason I'm broke is I said when I got into all grain I'm happy with a 3 tier I don't need a pump. Well I did buy a pump then made a herms with brass and copper plumbing said I won't go stainless. But I did 304 and camlocks. Now ss fermenters it's a dangerous hobbie.
Sav

I'm trying to hard to not upgrade to pumps before i've even really ran my first brew through! Can't really call it an upgrade if i haven't used it yet hey!

sav said:
Reason I'm broke is I said when I got into all grain I'm happy with a 3 tier I don't need a pump. Well I did buy a pump then made a herms with brass and copper plumbing said I won't go stainless. But I did 304 and camlocks. Now ss fermenters it's a dangerous hobbie.
Sav
Yep, that bling that Newerabrewing and Spiesy are offering look real nice,I would love to get my arse scratchers on one .
I got into Biab,then added a PID,then a pump and now am pissing around with converting a 270 litre freezer into a keezer,but the missus wants a few jobs done first.
When I made my brewing bench/ trolley the boss wasn't happy as I hadn't done jobs for her,so the keezer will have to go on the back burner,I'd better do the right thing otherwise my balls may be added to the broke (broken) list.

The way I see it you're better off being in the bad books with a supply of good beer easily served, than in the good books without any ONE of those things.

My wife dislikes me a lot.

Yeah, I know the feeling.

I started off with BIAB at the start if the year. Built a good system so I wouldn't have to upgrade for a long time.

Upgraded to 2V (HLT/MLT + BK) a few weeks ago. That should definitely see us through for a long time.

Nope. Already starting to sort out a third vessel with HERM-it system.

Yeah, home brewing really doesn't save you money. I would've been ahead for years even buying imported craft beers at $5-$25 a bottle haha.

But, I wouldn't have it any other way!

StalkingWilbur said:
Yeah, I know the feeling.

I started off with BIAB at the start if the year. Built a good system so I wouldn't have to upgrade for a long time.

Upgraded to 2V (HLT/MLT + BK) a few weeks ago. That should definitely see us through for a long time.

Nope. Already starting to sort out a third vessel with HERM-it system.

Yeah, home brewing really doesn't save you money. I would've been ahead for years even buying imported craft beers at $5-$25 a bottle haha.

But, I wouldn't have it any other way!
It is really dangerous like that, however I think of how much $$ people spend on other hobbies and just stop caring. If its something you enjoy doing and can include friends along the way its a good way to spend money I think..

oh, and you get beer! :party:

My wife loves me and has no problems with me buying brew related gear . And why wouldn't she? After a few coldies i become much more intelligent , better looking, a great conversationalist and a love machine to boot. :D

wereprawn said:
My wife loves me and has no problems with me buying brew related gear . And why wouldn't she? After a few coldies i become much more intelligent , better looking, a great conversationalist and a love machine to boot. :D
Oi,this is the "reasons I'm broke " thread not the Who can tell the biggest porky thread.:).

wereprawn said:
Are you sure that you are the one drinking not her?

wereprawn said:
Hahahah. Next time my girlfriend complains about me falling asleep with a beer in my hand because I've come off night shift and flown home and haven't slept for 30hours, I'm going to remind her of the positive effects such as this that I feel apply to me as well.

pedleyr said:
The way I see it you're better off being in the bad books with a supply of good beer easily served, than in the good books without any ONE of those things.
My wife dislikes me a lot.
Problem is I am all out of home brew as I haven't brewed for ages, so I'm screwed both ways. :(

spog said:
Oi,this is the "reasons I'm broke " thread not the Who can tell the biggest porky thread. :).
Wilkensone said:
Are you sure that you are the one drinking not her?
Hay you blokes have never witnessed how magnificent i become after a few brews. Bit bloody rough IMO. :p

Apparently i need a Jeep because i bought i bigger boat and a newer motor for it

IMG_11042.JPG

Haven't heard many good words about Jeep, surely you must be broke after shelling out for the boat?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1403439365.254823.jpg

Not enough to make me broke but fitted a ball lock and new tube which is fun! Little worried as when I turn the handle which is quite stiff the urn bends slightly.

Wilkens

Latest posts

Back