Rant tesuco regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pist

Reaction score
This thing is the biggest piece of shit I've bought in a long time. I mean, this thing is even more useless than the $40 chinese ebay special i was running. Brand new and won't hold a stable pressure let alone display the right reading. Had a kk mk2 reg before this one and it was half the price and was quite accurate. This thing, it needs turfing in the bin

Kicking myself for not going the micromatic. Might be my next purchase. This thing isn't going to last long before i throw it at the wall. I would advise anyone not to buy one of these they are the worst

Rather than throw it, get a refund.
Spend the refund on a micromatic

Funny I've got a dual Tesuco, and have dealt with lots of them, always found them to be good value and reliable, maybe not quite as good as a micromatic or CIG but not in the same price range either.
They don't respond well to being filled with beer, getting dropped or otherwise misused, then no regs do.
Mark

Mine took me about a week to get it set to 80kpa, it just kept drifting up very slowly. This might be only on new ones.

Not a new gas bottle as well is it?

I was blaming my reg at one point, similar issues, but it turned out the o-ring on the gas bottle side was pinched. I think it was obstructing the flow.

If the gas bottle is fine, as above - get a refund. I have two Tesuco's, one old and one new, and both work well.

MHB said:
Funny I've got a dual Tesuco, and have dealt with lots of them, always found them to be good value and reliable, maybe not quite as good as a micromatic or CIG but not in the same price range either.
They don't respond well to being filled with beer, getting dropped or otherwise misused, then no regs do.
Mark
OT...

Mark - one of these? Been planning the dual pressure set up, and the price is certainly right.

Yep that one, I'm very happy with it, had it for 3-4 years.

If you have a Tesuco Reg that isn't working they do come with a warranty, and I found them very good to deal with. With any manufactured item there will be the odd lemon, the measure of a company is there ability/willingness to sort out a problem.
Mark

Back