quoting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niftinev

Reaction score
why when I want to reply too someones post and use quote I get no quote

am I having an old timers moment

niftinev said:

Quote button works fine here.

Are you clicking the quote button in the post you wish to quote?

niftinev said:

What platform and browser are you running?

Quote button not working here, just opens reply to this topic with no quote

Won't let me copy and paste either

Windows7 ultimate and IE11

Tell ya what, for $150 I'll give you a short answer. $200 will get you a bit more detail, and for $350 I'll give you in depth instructions.

Try clicking the reply box, then the toggle switch at the top left of the reply tool bar, then go back and quote the post. This happens to me on IE on the desk top but not when using safari on the iPad.

Try clicking the reply box, then the toggle switch at the top left of the reply tool bar, then go back and quote the post. This happens to me on IE on the desk top but not when using safari on the iPad.
thanks bradsbrew,

can now use quote even if it is the long way round

thanks bradsbrew,

can now use quote even if it is the long way round
Yes it seems to be an issue with IE10 for me. Is not a problem with chrome though.

bradsbrew said:
Yes it seems to be an issue with IE10 for me. Is not a problem with chrome though.
No problem on IE10 here....press quote, new box opens with quote at top, I type away happily....life is good.

yum beer said:
No problem on IE10 here....press quote, new box opens with quote at top, I type away happily....life is good.
Glad to see it's an issue on my end and not the forum. Will do some cleaning up and see if I can resolve it.

Cheers

Edit: actually IE11.

Probably best to download chrome or firefox (if you're able to) and use that. Some websites really struggle with IE.

Latest posts

Back