Quick question ... Morgans blonde in 10 days at 23c all clean all good

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought it should be around 1005 to 1010 smells god sips good a far as warm beer goes no nasty flavours or smells ... Sorry newbie here and just want it right

Give it 2 or 3 more days. If the SG reading stays the same, then it's right to bottle.

No worries, ask questions. As we say to newbies - stay on AHB and you'll be brewing all grain within a year.

What went into it apart from the Morgan can?
Sugar? Dex? LDME?

If it was LDME then finishing at 1.012 seems reasonable.

But as everyone else said, wait a couple more days.

Morgan can and l kg dextrose Morgan supplied hops . An easy one to start ... However next one hmmmmmm

I'm doing a fat yac using coopers pale ale 1.7kg , Thomas coopers malt ex light 1.5 kg Morgans hallertau hops tea bagged then five days in a cascade hops tea bags ..... At 20 degrees ..... Opinions on this one welcome before I start please ?

10 days at 23 deg would probably be done, but as others have said leave it a few days as it won't hurt and will help the yeast clean up after itself. If you haven't already, plug your ingredients into ianh's spreadsheet, it will give you a pretty good estimate of what FG to expect. Also agree with DU99, try the next one at closer to 20 deg, if the temp gets to high for the yeast, they can throw off some funky flavours, but it sounds like the yeast you used handled 23 ok.

Robrock said:
Morgan can and l kg dextrose Morgan supplied hops . An easy one to start ... However next one hmmmmmm I'm doing a fat yac using coopers pale ale 1.7kg , Thomas coopers malt ex light 1.5 kg Morgans hallertau hops tea bagged then five days in a cascade hops tea bags ..... At 20 degrees ..... Opinions on this one welcome before I start please ?
Looks like a nice brew. What yeast? If it's the kit yeast I'd suggest replacing it with a sachet US05 if you've got a LHBS handy.

Thanks to everyone whom has offered advice to me over the past couple of weeks . Very glad I joined this site. Such a great vibe for an up and coming Brewster

Morgans use Mauribrew yeasts, and they are a bit more temperature tolerant than many of the so called better yeasts such as US-05.

Mauri recommend 22 degrees. I've used their lager yeast at ale temperatures with good results.

I'd expect the brew to be done and dusted in a week, never mind 10 days.

Latest posts

Back