Queensland Homebrewing Conference 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There appears to have been a small hiccup with the booking site over the last day or two, saying the conference was booked out. This is not the case and there are still plenty of tickets available. The site has been fixed, so if you have tried to book your tickets, have another go now. Cheers David

Bomber Watson said:
Same, tickets to the lot sorted.

Any tips on accommodation in the area from the locals?
Has anyone come back to you on accommodation ?

Yeah I had a chat to Dave and had a bit of a google, ends up we can stay at one of the other blokes missuses dogs breeders cousins place which isn't to far or something like that.

Found a few places prior to that, google maps and search for accom around the conference area brings up quiet a bit. Few real cheap backpackers just over the river.

Mantra or ridges would be ideal but seems there booked out.

Cheers.

How's the spiegelau tasting session going to work do we just get tickets to trade for beers through the day or is it a sit down type of thing? Looking forward to it

Have a few beers and learn scenario. See how different glassware changes the taste of different beers. = spieglau glassware

Hi guys. The Speigelau session should be pretty good - we are doing the three-glass craft beer kit this time. They take you through the three beers, comparing them in standard beer glasses and with the Speigelau glasses. You will certainly notice the difference. I use mine now every time I have a beer at home and at least try to find a similar glass if I am out drinking. It's a very pleasant hour or so. All beers provided by us as well.

Absolute last call for tickets. Ticket site had issues again over the weekend so we are open until 12am tonight. Get in now if you are still inclined. Catering numbers go in first thing in the morning.

Sweet thats what I was hoping for, thanks for the replies

Brewers Choice said:
Hi guys. The Speigelau session should be pretty good - we are doing the three-glass craft beer kit this time. They take you through the three beers, comparing them in standard beer glasses and with the Speigelau glasses. You will certainly notice the difference. I use mine now every time I have a beer at home and at least try to find a similar glass if I am out drinking. It's a very pleasant hour or so. All beers provided by us as well.
on the web site its says you get 4 glasses worth 79.95 has this changed?

Anyone who intends to catch a train in from north side. Check your times. Northgate to Gympie rail is closed all weekend. Buses are running but will add a bit more time on travel.

Well the 2015 conference is over for another year.....a great event....I enjoyed it immensely....some stand out beers....specially the dinner beers.

The best beer (by a long shot) for me was the dinner APA brewed by Nathan Semmens.....wow wow wow...I would crawl over broken glass to be able to brew a beer as good as this..... so well done Nathan.

Cheers All
Mark

A big thanks to all the organisers and sponsors.....much appreciated!

X2 for the above post
I thought all the dinner beers were good in there class and the dessert was great.
being from south of the border thanks for a good show and see ya all next time
cheers
ken

Was a great day, dinner was top notch and the Friday night mystery tour was good fun. Thanks to Brewer's Choice and all the sponsors, especially a massive cheers to Newera Brewing since I picked up a shiny brewbucket :D

Huge thanks to all who attended and participated in the conference and making it a great success. Special thanks to the Brewers, Gladfields team and other speakers who provided a wealth of information and a accolades to the David and the rest of the team from Brewers Choice who worked tirelessly before and throughout the event to make sure it was a success for the attendees. Mighty effort.

Not to miss a big thanks to the fantastic bar and waiting staff at each of the venues - how cool was The Prince Alfred Hotel new venue Tapped.

Looking forward to the next one.

Latest posts

Back