The Queensland Homebrewing Conference (The QHC)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JasonP said:
Unfortunately I missed this one. How did it compare to the previous conference? How were the presentations and who was the standout? And how was the beer? I see David's comments but like to hear unbiased reviews.
Stand outs for me were the 2 Ian Watson presentations. The Speigelau one was also enjoyable. Beer was good and plentiful. Moon Dog presentation was quite enjoyable as well.

Brew Matt said:
Stand outs for me were the 2 Ian Watson presentations. The Speigelau one was also enjoyable. Beer was good and plentiful. Moon Dog presentation was quite enjoyable as well.
How were the new Qld Micro brewery's beer - All inn, brewbake, geen beacon etc... Totally missed out on Qld Beer week this week and annoyed. Had a few events planned but had to go away with work.

JasonP said:
How were the new Qld Micro brewery's beer - All inn, brewbake, geen beacon etc... Totally missed out on Qld Beer week this week and annoyed. Had a few events planned but had to go away with work.
You may have problems finding people that can clearly remember these beers. The Green Beacon I remember as being good, with the two All In beers on tape being quite acceptable. I cannot recall the Brewbake, though must say I did not try any commercial beers that were anything but fairly good at a minimum.

Those at the dinner, would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the pumpkin ale. I really enjoyed this, but heard from another that did not. It was different for me, but in a nice way.

If you are in NSW and want to try our Cluster F#ck its on at the Local Taphouse Darlo now.

Bacchus White Choc and Raspberry Pils is on too.

Excellent Vid, I can see why it tasted so good compared to the others. Congratulations on the win.

tallie said:
Yep, Righteous Brewers of Townsville. This was the stand out beer for me - clean & well made, with a good presence of late hops. Turns out it was decocted and keg-hopped! BABBs came in second and BBC third.
I wrote these down........Townsville was keg 4, BABBS was Keg 6 (My Beer) and BBC was Keg 7.

4 Deserved to win, it was a great beer. Well done to the Townsville guys.

Latest posts

Back