Beer And Food Matching Dinner At Qld Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have booked in for both The Conference and The Beer & Food Matching Dinner on the night, and know a lot of work has gone into both of these.

The Beer & Food Matching Dinner in particular sounds like it is going to be a great event, and based on the details I have seen, is going to offer attendee's a good value night out.

I will be travelling 'half way around the world to attend' (ok, a bit of an exaggeration, will be driving up from Grafton), and urge everyone that hasn't already done so, to book ASAP so that this hopefully becomes a well supported annual event!

Cheers
Matt.

Beer and Food Matching Dinner at Qld Homebrewing Conference

The Queensland Homebrewing Conference can confirm today details of the Beer and Food Matching Dinner to be held on 05 November 2011. The Dinner will be open to Conference attendees, their guests and friends.

The Beer and Food Matching Dinner will be held at Deck's Steak and Seafood Restaurant at Southbank. The menu has been prepared by Matt Kirkegaard, founder of Good Beer Lunches and Editor of Australian Brews News.

With a minimum of 3 courses and 4 beers matched and introduced by Matt, it should be a great night of dining. Entertainment will be provided by Rory Gibson, Beer Editor at the Courier Mail, who will be sharing his journey from beer consumer to critic. Jaron Mitchell will also be talking to us about 4 Pines' new Vostok Space Stout, the first beer designed for interstellar travel.

Beers on the night will include the 4 Pines Space Stout; an American Pale Ale brewed by Champion Queensland brewer, Tony Brown; and a Pro/Am collaborative Pilsner brewed at Bacchus by Ms Aine O'Hora, up and coming brewer from Matilda Bay.

The dinner will be held in Decks Steak and Seafood Restaurant on Nov 5 2011, starting at 6.30pm. For full information and to purchase tickets, visit www.theqhc.com.au.

Hi All,

I have booked in for both The Conference and The Beer & Food Matching Dinner on the night, and know a lot of work has gone into both of these.

The Beer & Food Matching Dinner in particular sounds like it is going to be a great event, and based on the details I have seen, is going to offer attendee's a good value night out.

I will be travelling 'half way around the world to attend' (ok, a bit of an exaggeration, will be driving up from Grafton), and urge everyone that hasn't already done so, to book ASAP so that this hopefully becomes a well supported annual event!

Cheers
Matt.

You should drag Stu along with you.

HI guys. The latest update on the dinner is as follows:

Witches Chase (sister operation to MT Brewery) will be offering us a Cheese Course for the Beer and Food Matching dinner. Meredith from Witches Chase has selected two cheeses to match a Belgian Tripel being brewed by a QABC Champion Brewer (Liam Ahearn) especially for the occasion. The two cheeses Labour Intensive Wash Rind, and Farmhouse Clothbound Cheddar are full flavoured, prize winning cheeses. Full details of these cheeses will be available on the Conference website.

With the addition of the Cheese Course, the Beer and Food Matching Dinner will now expand to four courses and five beers a fantastic culinary exploration of the finer qualities of craft brewed beers and the excellent food they can be matched with.

And currently we are looking at a minimum of over 400 litres of free craft brewed beers for the event, so beverages are pretty well sorted!

For full details on the Conference and Dinner, and to purchase tickets, visit our website www.theqhc.com.au.

Latest posts

Back