Inaugral Queensland Home Brewing Conference - November 5

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will catch you all at archive.

I have a VERY special tap selection lined up for anyone who comes.

Rogue Captain Sigs Northwestern Ale
Brewdog Hardcore/ Punk IPA
Mikkeller Green Gold/ APA/ Draft Bear
Hitachino White

to name a few....

White Labs Home Brewing Expert Coming

The Conference session on using yeast in home brewing was to be presented by Chris White, President of White Labs Pure Yeast and Fermentation Inc. However, we have been advised that Chris is now unable to travel to Australia for the Conference.

Fortunately, Chris is being replaced by John Carroll, White Lab's Technical Support person for home brewers. John has spent the last two years advising home brewers on the use of yeasts in home brewing. We probably could not get a more suitable person to talk on this topic (perhaps even better than his boss!). John will also take the opportunity to introduce White Lab's new San Diego Super Yeast, a highly versatile yeast great for brewing in Australian conditions.

John started out as a malt extract brewer and converted to all grain brewing in 2010. John has formed a home brewing club in his home town of Longmont, Colorado.

While we are disappointed that Chris White is unable to attend the conference, I believe we may have done even better with John attending and able to pass on his first hand experience from right at the coalface of home brewing.

Ticket sales are closing, so if you want to hear from the experts, and attend the Conference and Dinner, purchase your tickets today at www.theqhc.com.au

I will catch you all at archive.

I have a VERY special tap selection lined up for anyone who comes.

Rogue Captain Sigs Northwestern Ale
Brewdog Hardcore/ Punk IPA
Mikkeller Green Gold/ APA/ Draft Bear
Hitachino White

to name a few....

Wow nice line up.

Look forward to catching up for a beer.

Last chance to get your tickets for the Conference!

We need to advise the restaurants tomorrow of probable numbers for catering. Almost used up all our free hops samples as well, so get your tickets tonight/early tomorrow morning to guarantee you receive the full set of freebies.

See you at Archive Bar on Friday night.

Cheers David

Just as an aside, for all the effort you fellas are putting in and what you have bought together, you make the other States look like a pack of nancies. This is a huge event for a State Group, well done guys, have a blast!

Scotty

Its getting close now!

On Friday I'm going to go to Bitter Suite for a pint or 2 during their happy hour from 5pm (only $7), then heading to Archive at about 6.30pm/7pm.

Be great to get a few people together and we can bus it or maxi taxi between venues.

Who's in?

Bump to see if anyone is keen to start at Bitter Suite on Friday at 5pm then head to Archive?

Heading to Archive now......Boy, I'm Thirsty :icon_chickcheers:

Heading to Archive now......Boy, I'm Thirsty :icon_chickcheers:

Won't be able to make it 'til late - save some for me!

Anyone know if we have to bring the actual printed tickets for the conference tomorrow?

Cheers,
tallie

Where is everyone?

I'm going to be half cut by the time everyone gets here....

Hurry up or I'm drinking ALL the Captain Sigs!

Won't be able to make it 'til late - save some for me!

Anyone know if we have to bring the actual printed tickets for the conference tomorrow?

Cheers,
tallie

I would suggest sticking it in your pocket, best to be safe than sorry.

Got a leave pass for tomorrow none for the night unfortunately. Have a big one AHBer's!

Damn it, not going to make it after all :( See you bright and early tomorrow! :beerbang:

Cheers,
tallie

Woot! Nearly here!

Looking forward to it! And I even get a sleep in from my normal 7am start ;)

Seeya's all tomorrow!!

Cheers

See you all in a couple of hours... should be a great day.
I'll be wearing a black Bacchus shirt, so make sure you say hello if we haven't met before.

Not too late to turn up on the day if you haven't booked...

Cheers Ross

BIAB wins the first System Wars with 37 votes. Braumeister with 34, ghetto had 25 (Got my vote too) and 3V placed last with 23.

Nice one Bribie G! :beerbang:
Oh wait, no more bags!!! :eek:

Back