Qld Xmas Case Consumption

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I deliberately saved Snow's Schwarzbier till now since I've got a version of Ross's Schwarz on tap to compare against.

They do taste quite different. Snow's Schwarz is sweeter.

I like both, but I think I could have more of a session on Ross's recipe.

Hi Blokes,
I appologise, I have been busy and have not had time to finish my reviews. Allow me a moment to fetch notes..........

Sluggerdog's German Pilsener
Poured with a big white head, light golden and crystal clear. A well balanced, great tasting beer. Well done Slugger I promote you to Lagermaster.

Tidal Pete's Amber Ale
This beers was well carbed when poured and produced a big head thanks to bottle condtioning. I found it to have a beautiful amber hue (that I want to copy) and a flavour more balanced between the malt and hops than I thought a yank beer would have. Maybe I'm a hophead, but I was looking for the citrus. Never the less I enjoyed this beer to the last drop. Well done Pete.

Stumbling Kegs American Wheat
Once again, I know next to nothing about wheat beers so this offering from Jye was going to be interesting. Upon pouring I found the beer was lightly carbonated wit ha nice hop aroma anticipating the tastebuds for a Jye hopburst cringe. But alas, the hand of reason, or sanity, has reached out and sternly implied NO MORE as Jye reached for his Hop Shovel. Jye heeded this and has produced a well balanced beer. Use the Force Jye, not the hops. Good one Mate.

Mothball's Porter
This beer poured nice and dark with a creamy head that that faded then stayed all the way to the bottom of the glass. The clarity was great and I really enjoyed the malt /hop balance.

cheers

Browndog

Also tried the ESB3 a week or so ago and thought that this was an exceptional beer, very very nice with hoppy aroma, blanced maltiness, clear light brown colour. Nice work would love to see the recipe.

Cheers
AC
AC

The recipe is up in the recipe section of the site...

Cheers

Moose

I deliberately saved Snow's Schwarzbier till now since I've got a version of Ross's Schwarz on tap to compare against.

They do taste quite different. Snow's Schwarz is sweeter.

I like both, but I think I could have more of a session on Ross's recipe.

Yeah I mashed it too warm (67-68c). I like my schwarzes dry, too. Next time I'll aim for 64c.

- Snow

Stumbling Kegs American Wheat
Once again, I know next to nothing about wheat beers so this offering from Jye was going to be interesting. Upon pouring I found the beer was lightly carbonated wit ha nice hop aroma anticipating the tastebuds for a Jye hopburst cringe. But alas, the hand of reason, or sanity, has reached out and sternly implied NO MORE as Jye reached for his Hop Shovel. Jye heeded this and has produced a well balanced beer. Use the Force Jye, not the hops. Good one Mate.

LOL :lol:

You cant talk BD... your just as much a hop junky as me :D

Update from PAT :

( I had Sluggerdogs pils @02:30 out the back of Cobar , Tell him it went down very well , though it diden't stop the ants from interrupting my 2 hours sleep.. ) :)

Moose's ESB is in the esky for later in the day..

This was via SMS yesterday around 11:00 ..

Cheers Ned for Pat.. :beer:

Update from PAT :

( I had Sluggerdogs pils @02:30 out the back of Cobar , Tell him it went down very well , though it diden't stop the ants from interrupting my 2 hours sleep.. ) :)

Moose's ESB is in the esky for later in the day..
This was via SMS yesterday around 11:00 ..
Cheers Ned for Pat.. :beer:

I want to know how his date with InCider's sister went

Batz

Screwtop's Weihenstephaner Krystal Weizen

Enjoyed Screwtops weizen last night as a krystal because the yeast is now on the stir plate doing its thing and if my hefe comes out half as good I will be laughing :D HUGE aroma of bananas and some bubblegum from the moment you crack the lid to the end of the glass... wish I had more :(

I think you mentioned in another post you fermented at 20C and just wanted to check this as I want mine to grow up and be just like yours. My plans are to make a 2L starter with some wort from the no-chill cube and pitch that into a under aerated wort at 18C, then let it naturally rise to 20C.

Hows that sound?

Cheers
Jye

Screwtop's Weihenstephaner Krystal Weizen

Enjoyed Screwtops weizen last night as a krystal because the yeast is now on the stir plate doing its thing and if my hefe comes out half as good I will be laughing :D HUGE aroma of bananas and some bubblegum from the moment you crack the lid to the end of the glass... wish I had more :(

I think you mentioned in another post you fermented at 20C and just wanted to check this as I want mine to grow up and be just like yours. My plans are to make a 2L starter with some wort from the no-chill cube and pitch that into a under aerated wort at 18C, then let it naturally rise to 20C.

Hows that sound?

Cheers
Jye

Pitched at 26C then into the ferm fridge at 20C. It's great yeast Jye, realy glad you liked it.

48 hours later and the little fellers are about to be stepped up to continue their orgy... the starter tasted great :D

From the look of the 2L starter this morning it will be ready to pitch tonight.

IMG_0928.jpg

Browndogs IPA

First impressions cloudy,lacks a little head...then........fantastic taste,finished the bottle wishing I had a few more of these.

Loved it thanks Browndog :beerbang:

Batz

Am into the xmas brews now (finally) Downed a few last weekend (lagers and APA's) but was smashed before hand so don't expect a review. All I remember is mine was slightly disapointing compared to the reviews I got (I did run out and put in a few from another batch which I got so if you don't agree with others reviews of my brew you probably got the dud)

Anyway the first one I pulled out had nothing on it except IPA on the cap and the date of 25/11, would this be your IPA Browndog?

A basic review as follows: (different to batz review so I question if it is the same beer, was there 2 IPAs brewed?)

first glass, beautiful head, nearly a little too much but fine, laced all the way down the glass, nice colour and the brew was crystal clear. Taste: great balance while neither malt or hops dominating, if anything I can taste a little chocolate malt (?? total guess)

Nice brew, could down a stack of these in a session.

I want to know how his date with InCider's sister went

Batz
I asked her why she didn't meet up with Pat and she said she didn't have his number! Pat said he didn't have her number either! I assumed he had all that stuff squared away!

... :ph34r: ...

sorry pat. She loves a beer and a durry!

I asked her why she didn't meet up with Pat and she said she didn't have his number! Pat said he didn't have her number either! I assumed he had all that stuff squared away!

... :ph34r: ...

sorry pat. She loves a beer and a durry!

:lol: :lol:

InCider I am not a cider drinker but the wife loved you Spicy Cider

Batz

:lol: :lol:

InCider I am not a cider drinker but the wife loved you Spicy Cider

Batz

Thanks Batz. The feedback was much appreciated :)

I had mine (apart from the one I had to drink early one nite yeeech) on monday. Heaps of Pear - dominating the apple, malt was quite noticable, but not over powering, and a hint of the spices that my wife handed me. I must admit that I quite enjoyed it, but as an occaisional cider drinker it was more to my taste.

Could do with maybe another month or two.

InCider.

Am into the xmas brews now (finally) Downed a few last weekend (lagers and APA's) but was smashed before hand so don't expect a review. All I remember is mine was slightly disapointing compared to the reviews I got (I did run out and put in a few from another batch which I got so if you don't agree with others reviews of my brew you probably got the dud)

Anyway the first one I pulled out had nothing on it except IPA on the cap and the date of 25/11, would this be your IPA Browndog?

A basic review as follows: (different to batz review so I question if it is the same beer, was there 2 IPAs brewed?)

first glass, beautiful head, nearly a little too much but fine, laced all the way down the glass, nice colour and the brew was crystal clear. Taste: great balance while neither malt or hops dominating, if anything I can taste a little chocolate malt (?? total guess)

Nice brew, could down a stack of these in a session.

If it were mine Slugger it should have had a label on the bottle too mate, was it in a king brown?

cheers

Browndog

browndog, it was a screw top tallie.

I think there might have been a label on it before as there seems to be some glue there but no label?

Did anyone else make an IPA?

browndog, it was a screw top tallie.

I think there might have been a label on it before as there seems to be some glue there but no label?

Did anyone else make an IPA?
That IPA was David Bunzli's. He has some problems with the labels falling off. I quite enjoyed this beer.

- Snow

I tried Tidal Pete's American Amber last night which was quite enjoyable.

It was quite highly carbonated, crystal clear, a light amber colour and well balanced; it did lack hop aroma and flavour but was a pleasant quaffer. Held it's head high all the way to the end.

Cheers
AC

Latest posts

Back