Qld Xmas Case Consumption

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz,

Poured you an Alt from the case swap keg & it fizzled out with only 10mm in the bottle :(
So poured you one of my anawabs winning Alt instead & the bloody keg ran dry also :(

Got a copy of the xmas case in primary now, so will send you one, once it's on tap.

cheers Ross

Browndogs IPA

First impressions cloudy,lacks a little head...then........fantastic taste,finished the bottle wishing I had a few more of these.

Loved it thanks Browndog :beerbang:

Batz

Old Dog - Pale Ale

More subtle than the the other APAs in the case. Very light in colour & body. Good head and lacing down the glass.

I enjoyed this one.

Batz,

Poured you an Alt from the case swap keg & it fizzled out with only 10mm in the bottle :(
So poured you one of my anawabs winning Alt instead & the bloody keg ran dry also :(

Got a copy of the xmas case in primary now, so will send you one, once it's on tap.

cheers Ross

Why don't I just catch the train down for this one? :party: :beer:

Batz

WARNING

I just tried mackennys christmas pilsener. Well it went off with a baNG. i opened the lid and beer spouted out all over me, my kitchen and my clothes. Cheers!!!! None left in the bottle.

Keep an eye on this one guys. maybe wrap it in towels in the fridge. Its explosive.

Brad

PS Sorry no tasting notes, My floor was too dirty to lick it off!!!!!!!

WARNING

I just tried mackennys christmas pilsener. Well it went off with a baNG. i opened the lid and beer spouted out all over me, my kitchen and my clothes. Cheers!!!! None left in the bottle.

Keep an eye on this one guys. maybe wrap it in towels in the fridge. Its explosive.

Brad

PS Sorry no tasting notes, My floor was too dirty to lick it off!!!!!!!

Gee Brad, that's a bummer. I tried Mackennys a couple of nights ago and it didn't gush at all. In fact it was quite drinkable. A little over carbonated for my tastes, but I know this is how Kenny likes them. Maybe you got a bad bottle....

By the way does anybody know what the plastic bottle with N written on it is, and who brewed it? It's the only mystery bottle I've got left.

Cheers - Snow

By the way does anybody know what the plastic bottle with N written on it is, and who brewed it? It's the only mystery bottle I've got left.

Cheers - Snow

That's actually a Z and it's Zizzle's APA.

It's a good one too!

Did you get one with a BSA on the lid? I'm still trying to find out which one that is...

That's actually a Z and it's Zizzle's APA.

It's a good one too!

Did you get one with a BSA on the lid? I'm still trying to find out which one that is...

:lol: ha ha it's a Z! If I'd fallen over drunk I would have read it the right way!

I don't remember getting one with BSA...Bindi's Sparkling Ale??? :huh:

Cheers - Snow

Old Dogs APA

This is a great APA with heaps of amarillo coming through, I though it also had simcoe until I looked at the label. A little under hopped for me but will be a great one for the non hop-heads.

Cheers :chug:

Hoops Oatmeal Stout:

Bit of a fizzer for me after the build up re carbonation. Opened the seal gingerly, ffsst, OK survived that. Poured with a gravely brown head which dissapeared almost straight away. Great colour and clarity, tasted more Porterish than Stout like, but remember someone shot my palate last week, could not find much roasted barley in the malt profile and it was a little on the sweet side. Sorry Hoops but my bottle was a little like a flat Porter.

VJVAL's APA:

I liked this beer, it was a little cloudy but an easy drinker with well balanced malt and hops, no apparent yeast flavours, fairly typical of the style hops wise, good aroma to flavour balance.

Wirra Street Brewery, English Bitter:

This beer had a nice aroma but I found it a little on the sweet side, good malt palate but a little light on the bittering hops. Neutral yeast flavour, a little off style, maybe mashed a little on the high side, but a good beer just the same.

SJC's Adelscott

Had no idea what to expect with this beer, as I've never heard of it, let alone tasted it. Did a google search for a reference point & found this description which i reckon covers this beer pretty well:

"Bire au Malt Whisky" it says on the label, for this beer made with peat-smoked malt. The colour is a dark, burnished amber with a cream-coloured head that thins quite quickly. On the nose the aromas are quite complex, with hints of good cider, malt and a touch of smoky, iodine-like peat, though it is not particularly whisky-scented. In the mouth this smooth and creamy beer is intensely sweet as it strikes the palate, with a burnt orange and marmalade tang and a caramel note. That smoky, roasted barely note persists. It is different, and has genuine character."

I'm not a great fan of smokey beers normally, but this is really nice, great complexity - top brewing as usual steve :super:

cheers Ross

A little after the fact but I tried Brad's (vjval etc) APA earlier in the week.

Another very nice example from this years APA Case Swap, I mean Xmas Case Swap.

Nice hop flavour against a good malt backdrop.

I've had family up so I've been "forced" to drink my beers for a while ;)

Still no word on the bottle with BSA on the lid? Has anyone else tried this one?

Wirra Street Brewery, English Bitter:

Dark golden colour and good clarity. Decent head and carb.
I'm not much of bitter fan, but I really like this one. Not overly bitter, and good malt character. I can't detect much hop flavour or aroma.

Jye Wheatburst:

My bottle was a bit of a dud, no carbonation. But luckily I had this beer on tap at the swap. Amazing fruity taste. Almost cordial flavours at times. I like it.

Jye Wheatburst:

My bottle was a bit of a dud, no carbonation....

Bugger :angry: if the bottles havent carbed by now then I dont think they will, drink up guys and imagine bubbles :D

Two Rippers tonight:

Mackennys Pilsener: Thought this was a great beer, really well balanced malt and hops, goo carbonation and head, didn't think it was strictly to Pilsener style but a beer that I could have settled into, very nice.

Tidal Pete's AAA: Shite, outdone yourself old son! Great carbonation, clarity and colour and just slightly dry with a perfect malt bittering hop balance, aroma hop well to the fore and to style. Head was lacking a little was the only negative, but good carbonation maintained what head there was to the bottom of the glass. A great beer IMO Pete.

Snow's Schwarz

Great dark colour with a tan head.

Carbonation was perhaps slightly underdone for mine but it didn't really detract from the beer.

Great light roast character underpinned by just enough body and mouthfeel. A really nice beer.

Bruce, what was that in the Mooshells ESB was it citrus?

Found it fruity to the nose, mine was a little undercarbonated and the head dissapeared quickly, Very interesting flavour profile that had me searching for answers. Sorry it was a little flat could have been much better with more carbonation.

I just tried a couple this afternoon.

Mackennys Pilsener: I found this beer very, very, bitter, alot darker than a pilsner and cloudy. Wasn't to my taste sorry.

Then I tried Slugger dogs Pilsner
Mate this is a great beer, perfect colour, crystal clear perfectly balance a nice easy drinking refreshing beer.
Only minor observation could have had a little more hop aroma. But still a great beer.

Cheers
AC

Bruce, what was that in the Mooshells ESB was it citrus?

Found it fruity to the nose, mine was a little undercarbonated and the head dissapeared quickly, Very interesting flavour profile that had me searching for answers. Sorry it was a little flat could have been much better with more carbonation.

Odd Screwtop. None of the ones I've tried have been undercarbonated! Such a pity you got one that was...

No citrus in this one. A non-fruit beer from me!

Hops are Progress and First Gold, about 70g and 20g with progress for bittering and first gold for flavour.

Nottingham yeast so I'm guessing you get that taste from the First Gold hops.

Cheers

Moose

3kg LME. 1kg Maris Otter 250g Crystal 150g Dark Crystal 250g MaltoDextrin 250g Carapils 70g Progress 20g First Gold.

Latest posts

Back