Qld Xmas Case Consumption

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bconnery

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
And so it falls to me to start of this thread.

Lets try and get this one up to 44 pages as well shall we :)

Remember, no off topic posts ;)

10. Screwtop - Weihenstephan Hefe Wiezen (has been consumed immediately...)

Couldn't resist starting off with this one. I rolled the bottle as per the instructions but to be honest not sure about the procedure so hopefully I achieved the intended result.

Pours well. Good frothy head which did disappear fairly soon but I could blame my glasses.

Lovely aroma of all the usual bananany sort of things.(i've never been good at picking what they are supposed to smell like, but this beer has them)

I drank this beer too warm. The flavours were fruity, almost bubblegum like, and I really enjoyed it, but it really needed a few more degrees. I would definitely recommend it slightly chilled, but warm enought to enjoy the fruitiness.

All in all a great way to start of the case!!

Bloody hell - Into them already? Didn't you have enough last night/this morning :D

Top work - I'll be chilling some down for consumtion tomorrow - choices, choices :chug:

Cheers Ross

I held off this morning.

Then I mowed the lawn this afternoon and suddenly thought of all those beers in the fridge and decided what the hell...

Plus I bottled a beer this afternoon and that always tends to put one in my hand somehow...

A couple still need updating:

1. C Ross - Spalt Alt (poured from keg, best consumed immediately)
2. C Sluggerdog - German Pilsner (poured from keg, can consumed immediately)
3. C Mothballs- Porter ( bottled with sugar priming after filtering 4-12-06 give 2 to 3 weeks ? to carbonate)
4. C Frogman- American Pale Ale (Can be consumed immediatley.)
5. C TidalPete - American Amber Ale (Bottled 31/10/06 but best after the advisory date on bottle) - Safale US56 dry yeast sachet.
6. C Jye - Wheatburst ( Bottled 13-11-06 - pick a hot day in the new year to consume)
7. C InCider - Betty Boop All-grain Spicey Cider (Bottled 3-12-6, leave for a few weeks, serve wet)
8. C Browndog - American Pale Ale (best be consumed immediatley.)
9. C Derrick - English Bitter (Can be consumed immediately.)
10. C Screwtop - Weihenstephan Hefe Wiezen (Can be consumed immediatley.) - Wyeast Labs 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen.
11. C Snow - Schwartzbier (Give it another week)
12. C PistolPatch - Northern German Pilsner (Can be consumed immediatley.)
13. C Batz - Scottish Ale (Should be ready now) - 1728 Scottish (Wyeast)

15. C OLD DOG - Pale Ale (Can be consumed immediatley.)
16. C bconnery- ESB (Can be consumed immediatley.)
17. C Kenny - Some kind of Pale Ale (Wait 3 weeks before consumption)
18. C Aussie Claret - American Brown NO FOOD (Can be consumed immediatley.)
19. C Brissybrew
20. C Kiwi_Greg - Pilsner (Can be consumed immediately.)
21. C David Bunzil - TBA
22. C Hoops - Oatmeal stout (Can be consumed immediately) - 1084 Irish Ale (Wyeast)
23. C Zizzle - APA (Can be consumed immediately)
24. C sjc - Adelscott Clone bottled 3Nov06 with an abv of approx 5.5% - ready to drink now.
25. C vjval1974 - American Pale Ale (Can be consumed immediatley.) - SO4 Dry Yeast
26. C Wildayeast - Skunkfart Ale (2-weeks in the bottle; consume now or wait 1-2 wks)

Cheers Ross

Hoops - Oatmeal Stout. I was looking forward to this one last night until I got the Tardis Mode.

Asthetically pleasing, the glass has good colour, XXXX Motif caps off a smooth crown seal.

Labelled by Pat (or Pat's intentions). Nice font, educated handwriting.

It's my kind of stout. Love it. Nothing more to say, Hoops, but I love it. I'm glad your're hosting the Queen's Birthday Swap. Top Marks. :D

Adjectivley challenged - 'en gaurd'!

Hoops - Oatmeal Stout. Looks like the one that exploded was destined for me - I missed out on this one. Was looking forward to it too, since I just did my first oatmeal stout.

Hoops - Oatmeal Stout. Looks like the one that exploded was destined for me - I missed out on this one. Was looking forward to it too, since I just did my first oatmeal stout.

I missed this one as well :(

Batz

Post count coming along nicely guys :D

I've renamed my swap beer 10am lager. Do not drink this one after any other beers! It's from the keg too so drink up!

Zizzle, you can share Hoops beer with me as long as you open the *******!

1. C Ross - Spalt Alt (poured from keg, best consumed immediately)
2. C Sluggerdog - German Pilsner (poured from keg, can consumed immediately)
3. C Mothballs- Porter ( bottled with sugar priming after filtering 4-12-06 give 2 to 3 weeks ? to carbonate)
4. C Frogman- American Pale Ale (Can be consumed immediatley.)
5. C TidalPete - American Amber Ale (Too green)
6. C Jye - Wheatburst ( Bottled 13-11-06 - pick a hot day in the new year to consume)
7. C InCider - Betty Boop All-grain Spicey Cider (Bottled 3-12-6, leave for a few weeks, serve wet)
8. C Browndog - American Pale Ale (best be consumed immediatley.)
9. C Derrick - English Bitter (Can be consumed immediately.)
10. C Screwtop - Weihenstephan Hefe Wiezen (Can be consumed immediatley.)
11. C Snow - Schwartzbier (Give it another week)
12. C PistolPatch - 10AM Lager (Consume immediatley.)
13. C Batz - Scottish Ale (Should be ready now) - 1728 Scottish (Wyeast)

15. C OLD DOG - Pale Ale (Can be consumed immediatley.)
17. C Kenny - Some kind of Pale Ale (Wait 3 weeks before consumption)
18. C Aussie Claret - American Brown NO FOOD (Can be consumed immediatley.)
19. C Brissybrew
20. C Kiwi_Greg - Pilsner (Can be consumed immediately.)
21. C David Bunzil - TBA
22. C Hoops - Oatmeal stout (Can be consumed immediately) - 1084 Irish Ale (Wyeast)
23. C Zizzle - APA (Can be consumed immediately)
24. C sjc - Adelscott Clone
25. C vjval1974 - American Pale Ale (Can be consumed immediatley.)
26. C Wildayeast - Skunkfart Ale (2-weeks in the bottle; consume now or wait 1-2 wks)

I missed this one as well :(

Batz

Patch had some hanging out his finger last I saw... karma for dropping one..

the OS is going down nicely... like Ducati Boys Stuto Grafton... :D

As I've just logged on as a member, you guys will have to go easy on me until I get my act together!

Christmas swap was a blast, even if cut short for me due to the Mrs remembering our anniversary.

My brew was a bit of a quick one that I threw together before I went away on holidays, so you'll have to cut me some slack I'm afraid.

It was intended to be an easy drinking pale ale (should have called it an "after mowing the lawn" ale).

It's been in the bottles for about 3 weeks already, so should (hopefully!!!) be ok to consume now.

Drink up... :chug:

Gooday Ross and other xmas case attendees. Sounds like a good time was had by all. The Adelscott was bottled 3Nov06 with an abv of approx 5.5% - ready to drink now.

Cheers
Stephen.

For clarification:

This is the one with the green label that says:

Mooshells
E=SB3 (that should be cubed but I can't do a superscript in here)
Extra Strong Bitter.

It has a 3 on the lid even though I'm not number 3 on the list.

One bottle in my case has no label (perhaps fell off in transit) but has a Z or N on the lid (a PET bottle). Is this your contribution Zizzle?
Cheers
Stephen.

Those of you supplying bottle conditioned beers, can you supply the yeast details please for those wishing to culture the yeast.

cheers Ross

Those of you supplying bottle conditioned beers, can you supply the yeast details please for those wishing to culture the yeast.

cheers Ross

5. C TidalPete - American Amber Ale (Bottled 31/10/06 but best after the advisory date on bottle)

Safale US56 dry yeast sachet.

:beer:

Zizzle - APA (Can be consumed immediately)

The one with the Z on the lid...

Colour: A dark gold / light amber I guess. Looks good.

Nicely carbonated.

I'm not great with smelling aromas so can't really comment but it didn't jump out at me.

Hint of caramel sweetness but an overall feeling of hops. Has that classic American fruity hops flavour.

Mouthfeel is good with a good hop bitterness.

Overall I would say most definitely a good example of the style. Might not please the real hopheads but won't overpower PistolPatch either...

And the most important rating of all... Very drinkable!

One bottle in my case has no label (perhaps fell off in transit) but has a Z or N on the lid (a PET bottle). Is this your contribution Zizzle?

Yeah mate thats mine, labels were lost in transit, only they never were stuck to the bottles :huh: :rolleyes:

cheers Ross

1728 Scottish (Wyeast)

Batz

VJVAL1974 APA,

us56 Dry.

Zizzles APA was a cracker, Nice and fruity, well balanced with malty flavour and mouthfeel. Nice one.

Brad

cheers Ross

Wyeast Labs 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen.

Drink it now it's well carbonated, to style. Should be rolled to suspend the yeast as it adds to the flavour profile. Up to you, if you want to culture the yeast there will be plenty laying on the bottom of the bottle if you don't roll it. It's a well behaved yeast, very active and easy to reculture.

Latest posts

Back