Qld Xmas Case '06

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go, the best of 105. Vol II
I like Pork!
AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0017__Medium_.JPG AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0067__Medium_.JPG And I don't mind a bit of Lamb either!

Hey Batz, did ya bring those hops.
AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0054__Medium_.JPG AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0072__Medium_.JPGLeave me alone I'm a Vegan!

For you Pat, a special goodbye kiss from my sister.
AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0075__Medium_.JPG AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0091__Medium_.JPG The music got loud and the dog got LOOOOSE!

Gotta look after the veterans!
AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0036__Medium_.JPG AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0082__Medium_.JPG A bloody great night!

Looks like it is up to me to post a pic of "Pat the muss"
DSC01213.JPG
And can anyone tell me of my whereabouts when the pig was served up? It seems to be voided from my memory banks :)
And don't tell me I was with Baarbraa somewhere, she was not my type ;)

cheers

Browndog

Oh man....my head... :blink:

Ok, I'm just well enough to type. What a night. Thank you so much to Mr and Mrs Sqyre for your generous hospitality. Excellent venue, excellent food, excellent beer, excellent company. I can't believe Batz drank all my Rauchbier. I can't believe Bindi got a square piece of angle iron to play like a didjeridoo. I can't believe I told Ross about the prawn head I may or may not have put in his pocket while he was asleep. I can't believe how good that pig was! :D Can't wait for the next one! Anyway, enough talk - I'll let the photos tell the story.....

09_12_06_1628.jpg
What a Pig!

09_12_06_1636.jpg
What a Bar!

09_12_06_1630.jpg
What a shite-load of bottles!

09_12_06_2231.jpg
Tidal Pete telling me in no uncertain terms what he thinks of my sparge technique.

More later...

Cheers - Snow.

And more....

09_12_06_1640.jpg
Sqyre in his element!

Oh no...hang on, THIS is his element!
09_12_06_2041.jpg

09_12_06_1925.jpg
Did I happen to mention how good that pig was?

09_12_06_2259.jpg
....just pour me a pint from that second one from the left..no no third one from the right..nah your other right....no not that one....ah feck it - just give me another rauchbier!

Am loving all the pics and the posts - the entertainment never stops!

And can anyone tell me of my whereabouts when the pig was served up? It seems to be voided from my memory banks :)
And don't tell me I was with Baarbraa somewhere, she was not my type ;)

We actually had a search party out for you and eventually found you having a Nanna Nap in your car. Mind you, any grandmother will wake up instantly with three blind brewers yelling in their ear. You took about fifteen minutes. After Screwtop and Ned got a hold of each of your legs, I grabbed a handful of hair and we had you back upstairs in no time to deliver your speech. And what a great speech it was too mate. We're looking forward immensely to the translation which I'm sure Screwtop or Incider will provide shortly.

BTW, I several of you guys explained this to me for an hour or two but WTF is a muss again? :blink:

Hi guys , Well home again in the north. I'd like to thank Mr & Mrs Sqyre for the event of the year .. Wow what a great job you guys did .. Bloody fantastic.
Also a spechial thanks to Pat for his hospitality, putting me up for a couple of nights and bringing me along.. We'll miss ya this side of the country Buddy..

And thanks to the rest of you , It was great to meet you all. The commaradery and friendship was unberlivable . If more people brewed there own beer I recon the world would have to be a better place. I don't remember hearing anything bad being said by anyone about anyone. ( unlike the xmas party my missus and daughter attended up here , that was by all reports bitchy ) ... We are a very luck bunch of fellas..

I hope to beable to attend these events in the future and will work on freight for the next one so as I can partisipate in the swap , Thanks again to Pat as he gave me 2 bottles to bring home from his case , so I have aussie clarets brown ale and VJ vals APA to try this arvo with the missus after she gets home .. Quit looking forward to that..

The sunshine coast guys thanks for all the invites , I will work on something after our wet season ends, from here on in I need to be close at hand for any flooding that comes my way.

Thanks again , merry xmas to you all and your respective familys , stay safe
cheers :beer:
Ned

Guys,

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for paying their money on the day. People are usually atrocious with money but out of 18 people that, on reflection, I think were meant to pay, 17 have fixed me up. (One relatively new member has done a runner but I'm onto him - lol!)

To the guys that stayed on unexpectedly through immense peer group pressure such as Hoops, thanks for the Bugs Bunnies or whatever it is that InCider calls money :blink: I think all of you that were there for the tucker paid. Donya!

Also a special thanks to Brad (vjval1974*) for paying even though he had to leave before the tucker. Much appreciated mate.

Only 330 more posts until we hit 1000! (bconnery to supervise ;) )

LOL
Pat

* When are you going to change your thingo to Brad?

So where's the July case?

Tidalpetes?

Batz

I know Brad was putting his hand up (repeatedly) on Saturday but he might have to get a bigger house...

I couldn't find the figures on the last Xmas Swap at Ross's but there were 16 at 'Bindi's Xmas in July Swap' and about 25 (who really knows?) at Sqyres so at the current growth rate the next host should expect 39. And that's just in the swap - it doesn't include actual attendees!

Xmas Case 2008 will have to be at the Sheraton as it should have around 150 people!

Hey! Im in, we could hold it in a big marquee on the lawn, plenty of parking too, start the thread Batz.

Hope his lawns not...too green for a swap !

Batz

Batz,

Why isn't my van windscreen (front and back), let alone Sqyres entire property, covered in Batz Brewery stickers?

Very dissapointed not to be carrying these across the desert :angry: Have none of Bindi's either.

I bet those Sandgroper's wouldn't let me drive the Nullabor naked ;)

Bloody ingrate Banana Benders. All you get is a cricket bat with holes in it....

...out of 18 people that, on reflection, I think were meant to pay, 17 have fixed me up. (One relatively new member has done a runner but I'm onto him - lol!)

I got this bit wrong. All people who registered on the day and turned up, did pay. Goodonya!

Guys,
* When are you going to change your thingo to Brad?

I tried, but someone has that handle! Never heard from them. Maybe a moderator could help me with this.

Anyway, on topic. I had a great arvo even if I didnt stay. Nice guys and a great venue. top stuff.

Brad

We forgot the award Screwtop had to present TidalPete on Saturday...

"Driest Keg or Bottled Beer Donated to the Swap" ;)

And Jesus said --- As ye sow, so ye shall reap.

Everybody missed out on my contribution because you insisted on fiddling around with the list on the Case swap.

Tough tittie Patch. :angry:

Latest posts

Back