Qld Xmas Case '06

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a good night...and yes I did make it home OK....

You guys where still snoring when I left..

There are going to be some great Pics.....especially with BaarBraa B)

I did managed to sneak out on my Harley at 5am when at last every thing went quiet, I had it in wisper mode :D :D

Yes Bindi you were very inconspicuous... I dont think anyone heard you leave <_<

Big thanks to Sqyre and Lady Sqyre for having us, great food, great bar and outstanding company. Im looking forward to the next one... didnt Pete offer to host it :p

Outstanding day/night :party: - Big thanks to Mr & Ms Sqyre for hosting such a wonderful venue & taking on a group of guys you'd never met before, hope we didn't scare you too much :ph34r:

Anyway a few taster pics..

The best spit roast pig I've ever tasted - 12 hours of slow cooking.
pig_on_spit.jpg

Browndog was the 1st to trek to the outside dunny.
outside_dunny.jpg

DucatiboyStu, Batz & our host Sqyre
Ducatiboy.jpg

Snow & Ned
Ned.jpg

Incider, Browndog, Ron, Screwtop & BConnery
incider.jpg

Pistolpatch, Snow & Zizzle
pat.jpg

Browndog has a new name "Discodog"
Discodog2.jpg

Pat retired after a long night to his van with BaaBaara....
Pat_and_Baa.jpg

cheers Ross

Yes another great noght with a top group of brewers.

I too thank the Squire family for being wonderful hosts :beerbang: It's not easy putting up with 30 pissy brewers !

Batz

For interest sake here's a little of Pete's navigating skills,firstly I must post a copy of Petes PM,I had been asking him if he knows the way to Squires.

Cheers mate.

Re Squire's --- done & dusted. I could find the way blindfolded.

Pete.

View attachment 10428

First turn off the highway and we have no idea where to go,this doesn't look right Batz <_<

View attachment 10429

After many puzzled looks Pete knew a short cut,go this way Batz we will avoid a lot of traffic...sure Pete <_<

View attachment 10430

And now are we on the right track mate? Not the most confident look I've seen.

Batz

LOL Batz!!!!

Sqyre and Renae, thanks a heap for a bloody top show. I know how much time and effort you put into it and it certainly paid off. (For us anyway :) ) Absolutely brilliant job and location. Hope you managed to get some time to get at least a few belly-laughs in.

The tags were an excellent idea too. Goodonya Ross and Mrs Frogman!

I'm totally wrapped with my mash paddle Tony. It will have pride of place underneath Batz's poster in my new abode. You are a legend mate and I can't thank you enough for that huge effort. Your spokesman, Screwtop, also did a magnificent job managing to get in a few words over and above the constant interjections of 30 pissed brewers!

The bottle swap organisation levels matched that of this blown out thread. Lucky Brad was there to make sure we got some bottles to take home. Donya. (Remember to look out for Hoop's bottle bombs!)

Also many thanks to JummyJack for the abundance of beer, Ned for the prawns and Sqyre and Renae for the copious amounts of top notch food. :beer: Ned reckons he is coming down for every Swap from now on - lol.

As usual this show was a laugh a minute. I also got to meet even more funny buggers and have enough memories to have me laughing all the way across the Nullabor. I'm certainly going to miss each and everyone of you.

And I have a date with InCider's sister in Sydney. It doesn't get any better than that! Many thanks for a legendary swap.

Pat

Sounds and looks like you guys had a fantastic night. Would loved to have been there. I hope you all enjoy your beers ya lucky bastards. ;)

Cheers

HK

How furkern good was that?

Thanks Sqyre & Mrs Sqyre. Thanks for having me all morning too drinking JimmyJacks beer....

Thanks Pat for asking my sister out - she keeps calling me to get the SP but I'm not answering... You are a diamond geezer.

Screwtop - mate the spakwara is gold Nuigini Gold. Pen long het bilong bia!

Bindi - Covert bloody ops. Sneaks in late, sneaks out early and silently ( I had been sedated with a 4 hour PC tutorial from Pat! :huh: ) And thanks for my tattoo designs. You're an artist and know it.

Pete, I hope Batz put some whirflocs in you happy meal to settle you arse down!

Pat. Pat the Mus. Pics to follow real soon.

Batz, "What you looking at Lager Boy?"

Browndog -change Pumpy's recipe to INCLUDE shill haze!

Frogman - dude - that frog pissed on us!

Sqyre - you and Renae are tops. I was joking about the Valentines Day case swap - I meant Australia day in the 26th....

Jye - nicest bottle opener I've seen ever!

Ned - dude you ferking ROCK. Thanks for making the big trip. Top marks. Keep them Telsta

Ducati Boy Stu - Chill, dude, chill!

Mothballs - Valentines Day swap - your house. Em I NAMBAWAN!

Ross - bowled a flipper by Warney. Mate, never has anyone made work and play so professional. (Is sleeping on the craftbrewer site?, If so, what is the freight in zzz?)

Kiwi Greg - 'scuse me I need to get to the James Squires...' :chug:

Moose - mate you should have taken the mattress I slept on - you were more sober (I think!) and would have had more benefit...

Hoops - Pat dropped your beer. Having it now - nice work! Went in the freezer as soon as I got home. :D

Derrick - bloody Derrick. Move to the Suncoast. We need you. When you get a place, you'll be hosting the Easter Case Swap. Tops.

Pete, it just occurred to me after Batz' post that if your navigating skills are that bad, how come your bum smell follows you around... Sat Ars3 Nav? :blink:

Wildayeast - send them to boarding school mate and open a brewery - and bordello.

Zizzle - did your need a moderator follow pat home? If you don't reply to Patch's PMs in the right font and size on time he'll be pissed!

Pics to be posted soon..

Thanks to everyone involved - ever the 3 who didn;t make it who were caught up on important business... Fix PPatch up so he can afford to buy condoms when he takes my sister out ok?

Thanks again to Mr & Mrs Sqyre. Easter Case Swap at your house.

Jummyjack - thanks for the travellers Bro. Got me home. Oh yeah! And made a lovely partner with breakfast...

For those I forgot - those memory cells got eaten drinking amber ales with Sqyre this morning...

And, I was second last to bed last night... and all I could hear was...:

'SHUT F&*K UP PAT!"

So I kept him talking!

Sean.

What a great night, great food, top beer and the best of company in a great location. You can't get better than that :beerbang: To Mr and Mrs Sqyre thanks so much for having us at your home, we had a ball. To everyone else who had a hand in organising the swap I dips my lid, a great night, but thank god it only happens once or twice a year ;)

All those who went home and back to bed or sat in front of the telly, here is what I did when I got home.
DSC01216.JPG

cheers

Browndog

Good one Browndog, you had a big night so that pretty impressive.

I was a bit more rested than you and brewed a Blonde Ale for the xmas holidays.

First a big thanks to Sqyre and Renae, talk about a great location and great feed, top effort guys and much appreciated. The pig on the spit looked great, and tasted even better. In the history of swaps that will take some beating. And thanks to all the brewers who contributed beer food etc.

Thanks brewers, am always blown away by the level of talent at such do's, and I'm not just talking about brewing talent, just have a look at the pics of Sqyres brewery and Browndogs efforts a couple of posts back in this thread. If I was ever stranded on a deserted Island I'd want you there. In no time flat some would have built an amphibious craft to take us all home, trouble is the rest would have built a brewery and then we wouldn't want to leave.

Getting together with all of you is always an inspiration to me, the quality of the beer is fantastic, wheather kit or AG you all strive to make the absolute best beer you can. Obviously we're all fanatical when it comes to beer, but seeing what you blokes are capable of creating in the way of equipment etc in the quest to make and enjoy great beer is an absolute mind blower. At every opportunity I describe you all as Artisans, and you are, you're not home brewers, I believe there's a great difference, and most of the connections I've made through this site would fall into the Artisan category.

As usual there were some great examples of classic beer styles, and it was good to see that many are pushing their brewing envelopes and experimenting with styles a little off centre. The lengths that some of you go to in attempting to emulate great beers is amazing. Fruit beers, 5hr boils, 3 months in the keg, the use of sour oranges and a bloody beer that tastes like Xmas Pudding, FRIIIIIIIGGG!!!!

A big thanks to Jimmyjack, strange to see commercial beer being consumed at a swap, says a lot for your choice of offering mate!

Browndog, that gesture of yours was terrific mate, thanks for taking the time to make those Mash Paddles to present as gifts of appreciation.

Cheers Patch! missed saying farewell, all the best old son. Thought you would have still been there when I called in to pick up InCider, hope his sister doesn't see the pic of you being unfaithful with Baarbaara.

Thanks all for a great time. Will post some pics later when I've been through them all.

Just a quick post to thank Sqyre & Mrs Sqyre for their great hospitality over the weekend. Squire never stopped working to ensure that we all had a great time & it is all much appreciated by everybody.
Great to meet those that I haven't already met. What a great bunch of blokes you are. :beerbang:

:beer:

What a great weekend. :beer: Huge thanks to Mr and Mrs Sqyre and everyone involved for organising and hosting such a fantastic event. Bring on the Xmas in july swap :party:

Now that i have regained the ability to...well...walk to the computer for starters...

I want to thank everyone who contributed to the swap, without you guys it just would not have come together as well as it did. So to name a few..

Firstly,

Pistol Patch - the Case Swap financial sponcer...without him we definatly would have been screwed.

FNQ Bunyip - for the Prawns (and the fact he flew a thousand km just to attend.)

Frogman - for the glasses and the Bbq. (and the blow up sheep.)

Mothballs - for the glasses, fittings and Mrs Sqyre would like to thank-you for the "JD" ;)

Batz -for the eggs.

Screwtop - for the awsome Smoked kabana and the "Nuts and Bolts"

Jimmy Jack - for the tasty James Squire.

Bindi - for the 5am wake up earthquake.

Browndog - for the Brilliant Honourary Mashpaddle..

All the boys who brought kegs, etc.

and of course everyone who participated in the swap.

I apologise in advance to everyone i have forgotten but like Insider said..
those memory cells got eaten drinking amber ales this morning...

It would be an understatement to say that its been a hectic few weeks trying to get thing organised,cleaned up, and sorted with all the challenges that hit us on the way (broken down cars, broken children, etc.)

But at the end of the day, i would happily go through it all again to end up with a case swap as half as good as this one was..

But then again i have Never been to a case swap before.. so i hope it was as good for you as it was for me..

(I still cant believe how well that pig turned out...)

and from Mrs Sqyre and myself...

I must say,we have never had the pleasure of throwing a "Get together" with such a great bunch of guys..

It was an Honour and a Privlidge to meet a bunch of such well behaved piss-heads( who actually cleaned up their mess before they left.) and the oppurtunity to sample some of the finest brews i have ever tasted.(just steer clear of the 2nd and 3rd taps.)

Unfortunatly i didn't get to take quite as many Pics as i would have liked so you fella's who did can you please email them to me at [email protected]

I want to frame the Mash Paddle Tony presented to me and i would like to surround it with a collage of Party pics. Thanks

So once again, Thank-you all for an Awesome Day!!!!

Sqyre...

Here we go, the best of 105.

Our host Extraordinaire
AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0006__Medium_.JPG AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0002__Medium_.JPGNice backdrop, rural huh. Can you see the fuc#ers in the background. Sqyre Said they were Effers but we knew what he meant.
AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0012__Medium_.JPG AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0014__Medium_.JPG
Check out Ned's cool shirt! Be thankfull Brad took over organising the cases, Pat kept hitting bottles together to check if they were carbonated and ready for consumption. Sorry about the glass all over the shed floor Sqyre!
AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0018__Medium_.JPG AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0029__Medium_.JPG
Piss off I' vegan!
AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0040__Medium_.JPG AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0043__Medium_.JPG
You guys will bever be up Brewer's Creek Without One!
AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0046__Medium_.JPG AHB_XMAS_Case_2006_0052__Medium_.JPG
Farewell Pat, we'll miss you mate. Ya gotta go now right! can't change your mind cos ya got you farewell gift and all that.

Is that a jar of nutrigrain in the top-right photo?

Awesome bar snacks.... :)

Is that a jar of nutrigrain in the top-right photo?

Awesome bar snacks.... :)

That's Screwys "nut and bolts"...yummy azz :beerbang:

Batz

Back