Qld Xmas Case '06

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am stoked, my first double batch and I was able to boil 45 litres in a 50 litre keg without any boilover. :beer:

How did you manage that? What burner do you use, I have to fight back 30L in a 50L kettle using a NASA.

Am stoked, my first double batch and I was able to boil 45 litres in a 50 litre keg without any boilover. :beer:

How did you manage that? What burner do you use, I have to fight back 30L in a 50L kettle using a NASA.

Watch it like a hawk, skimming the crap and spray the top with a water bottle on a fine miss.

I was using a NASA. Full on until it gets to around 90C, then lower it, takes some time but worth it in the end.

And yes I have had a boil over on 30 litres too. :angry: Before I knew how quickly it would come on.

Hi guys,
I wouldnt mind being involved in the case swap if there is any room, if not can I be on the reserve list?

Cheers

Brad

Don't worry Brad, I added you to the list a while ago. Took me a while to find it as the last list update in this thread was Post #197 - that's 66 posts ago!!!

You're in as a reserve at present but it should all work out OK.

Spot ya,
Pat

LIST UPDATE / BROUGHT FORWARD

Swap Particpants (C=Confirmed)

1. C Ross - English Bitter
2. Sluggerdog - German Pilsner
3. C Mothballs- Porter
4. C Coodgee- Oatmeal Stout
5. C Frogman- American Pale Ale
6. C TidalPete - American Amber Ale
7. C Jye - Wheatburst
8. C InCider - Uppin Cider
9. C Browndog - American Pale Ale
10. C Altstart - English Bitter
11. C Derrick - TBA
12. C Screwtop - Hefe Wiezen
13. C Snow - Schwartzbier
14. C PistolPatch - TBA.
15. C Batz - Scottish Ale
16. C Sqyre - Hosting so no beer required.(but will try to find something to shove in a bottle)
17. C OLD DOG - american style ale
18. C bconnery- some kind of ale
19. C Kenny - Some kind of Pale Ale
20. C Aussie Claret - American Brown
21. C Brissybrew
22. C Kiwi_Greg - TBA
23. C David Bunzil - TBA
24. Hoops - TBA
25. C Zizzle - TBA
26. C sjc - Adelscott Clone

Attending / Reserves

27. FNQ Bunyip
28. Andrew QLD (small chance he can make it)
29. vjval1975
30. Wildayeast

Beer Supply

Mothballs - self contained
Batz - self contained
Browndog - IPA
Jye- self contained - Wheatburst
PistolPatch - self contained
BrissyBrew - TBA
Sluggerdog - 95% Confirmed
Frogman - TBA

I think I'll be able to make it for a few hours in the arvo, enough time to drop off my bottles, collect them if all is ready to be swapped and have a few drinks then I'll have to head on home to other plans.

Still a while away (well not really, few weeks) but would we maybe have an approximate time for the swap to be done so we have all bottles there by a certain time and they can be collected by then too?

I was holding off updating the list due to my "List fumbling problem" and hopefully hear back from Ross wether he has found the chance to put a brew down.

Also Batz posted this

I have requested sqyre put me back on the "hope to make it" list.

Sorry I may not make it but earning some cash before xmas is important as well.

I was holding off updating the list due to my "List fumbling problem" and hopefully hear back from Ross wether he has found the chance to put a brew down.

Also Batz posted this

I have requested sqyre put me back on the "hope to make it" list.

Sorry I may not make it but earning some cash before xmas is important as well.

Brewing tomorrow come rain, hail or shine....

Edit: I'm also brewing my ANWABS winning Alt instead of a bitter.

Brewing tomorrow come rain, hail or shine....

Lock it in Eddie... <_<

Ross is swapping. for One Mullion Dollars.. :D

:(
Gooday every one
I am going to have to drop out of the case swap. The date clashes with my grandsons birthday barbie at my place. Bugger bugger bugger but no alternative im afraid.
<_<

Sorry that we'll miss you again Jim. You could always bring your grandson along and get him to pour us beers ;)

Hey Sqyre...

Seeing as Slugger has to leave early would it be OK to have the swap beers all swapped by 4pm if that's not too late for him and assuming everyone has arrived by then? What time do you actually want to kick off by the way?

Secondly mate, you are probably starting to worry about getting final numbers and organising food. Can we send you some money in advance or would you prefer to wait until the day? If you want to wait for the day, I'm happy to help out with the financing of the spit until then.

As for finalising numbers, a near impossible job, maybe you can go ahead and order enough food for 24 plus your family which is the current number of people attending at your place that require food I think. If numbers are a little short of 24 on the day then everyone will have to pitch in a little extra I'd imagine.

Any thoughts boss?

Cheers
Pat

LIST UPDATE / BROUGHT FORWARD

Swap Particpants (C=Confirmed)

1. C Ross - English Bitter
2. C Sluggerdog - German Pilsner NO FOOD
3. C Mothballs- Porter
4. C Coodgee- Oatmeal Stout
5. C Frogman- American Pale Ale
6. C TidalPete - American Amber Ale
7. C Jye - Wheatburst
8. C InCider - Uppin Cider
9. C Browndog - American Pale Ale
10. C Derrick - TBA
11. C Screwtop - Hefe Wiezen
12. C Snow - Schwartzbier
13. C PistolPatch - TBA.
14. ? Batz - Scottish Ale
15. C Sqyre - Hosting so no beer required.(but will try to find something to shove in a bottle)
16. C OLD DOG - american style ale NO FOOD
17. C bconnery- some kind of ale
18. C Kenny - Some kind of Pale Ale
19. C Aussie Claret - American Brown NO FOOD
20. C Brissybrew
21. C Kiwi_Greg - TBA
22. C David Bunzil - TBA
23. ? Hoops - TBA
24. C Zizzle - TBA
25. C sjc - Adelscott Clone
26. C FNQBunyip - TBA

Attending / Reserves

27. Andrew QLD (small chance he can make it)
28. vjval1975
29. Wildayeast

Beer Supply

Mothballs - self contained
Batz - self contained
Browndog - IPA
Jye- self contained - Wheatburst
PistolPatch - self contained
BrissyBrew - TBA
Frogman - TBA
[/quote]

Looking ok for me at this stage,I have to go to Calide Station next week and believe that maybe it for the year :D
I have brewed my Scottish already,need to bottle next week.

Batz

:(
Gooday every one
I am going to have to drop out of the case swap. The date clashes with my grandsons birthday barbie at my place. Bugger bugger bugger but no alternative im afraid.
<_<

Any change of you still being in the swap?

Looking ok for me at this stage,I have to go to Calide Station next week and believe that maybe it for the year :D
I have brewed my Scottish already,need to bottle next week.

Batz

Hooray for Batz :D

I will be bottling/kegging my american wheat early next week... the us56 took 6 days to finish were as the nottingham was all done in 3.

Seeing as Slugger has to leave early would it be OK to have the swap beers all swapped by 4pm if that's not too late for him and assuming everyone has arrived by then? What time do you actually want to kick off by the way?

If we could have the swap done by 4 that would suit me well, then I can be home by 5 and out again by 6. Would work out perfectly infact, not sure I could leave it much later though.. at this stage unless my other plans fall in, I doubt it though.

:)

The only problem with having the swap done by 4 is making sure all the swapees are there before 3 and someone sober with a bit of maths/logic about them can run it. Also, as my kegs only hold 19L and we have 26 in the swap some lucky person is going to get something other than an APA.

cheers

Browndog

hahaha........ that lucky person would be me hehe....hmm

You guys can decide when you think is the best time for the swap..i dont mind i will be here all day.

As for the start time...Once again up to you guys..I'm thinking..anytime after lunch??

Obviously if anyone wants to rock up earlier thats cool. I wont make anyone who turns up early sit on the sidewalk untill the clock strikes 12. :blink: anyway I could probably do with a hand getting the pig started cooking. (Before anyone puts thier hand up the pig should be on by 8-9am..and the fire about 7-8am)

As for money for the food etc., i will cover the costs leading up to the day.

Would anyone have any issues with coughing up $15 each on the day??

The piglet and accessories will cost around $200 and the rest of the funds should easily cover the entree's and munchies etc. for the afternoon..( the local butcher makes his own beer sticks.) :super:

Now another issue has crossed my mind..Are we all going rely on a few people bringing thier hard earned kegs of beer for the rest of us to happliy guzzle all day??? Will we have enough??? Should we reimburse some of the keg-bringers donated brew??
Have a think about it....

8 guys have put down that they are bringing kegs..

1keg = approx 48 schooners???

8 kegs = 348 schooners divided by say 28 people

=13.7 schooners each... :blink:

dunno about you guys but thats cutting it close..but then once everyones taste buds are drunk i will have about 4 more kegs of my swill on stand by...

$15 sounds good mate.

Don't stress on the beers - they'll be heaps. Those not bringing kegs will bring bottles to share...
Not like we're big drinkers anyway :D :D

Looking forward to it Sqyre - should be a huge night :party:

cheers Ross

No worries with $15, I would spill more than that in a session.

Don't stress on the beers - there'll be heaps. Those not bringing kegs will bring bottles to share...

Like Ross said don't
Bawling.gif
, will be heaps. Imagine the headlines in the Beaudesert Times or The Beauy Spirit "BREWERS RUN OUT OF BEER". NAH! we couldn't have that now could we guys, would be a bit
MSN-Blush.gif
Dunno2.gif

Brewers are not mean as cat shit, they'll bring plenty. I'll have a party keg under my arm, think there's plenty left in it, didn't get rid of much at the yeast swap
Scratch-Head.gif

I'll have a party keg under my arm, think there's plenty left in it, didn't get rid of much at the yeast swap
Scratch-Head.gif

And I don't imagine you moving much at this turn out either Screwtop

$15.00 is cool by me,and I'll have a 3 gallon keg (not infected)

Batz

Fifteen Oxfords is tops. I'll have a few bottles under my warwick as well. 1.37 Schooners as suggested by Sqyre is tops for me as I am a two-pot screamer. I'll bring some Vodka Cruisers and some XXXX Gold for Pat. :D

It's going to see everybody again and the chinas we haven't met yet while enjoying a few cold britneys.

:beerbang:

InCider.

Latest posts

Back