Qld Xmas 2012 Case Swap..Venue Changed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, always a good idea to bring a glass. I usually bring two seeing as I am excellent at leaving glasses in random places, or smashing them....

Yeah, always a good idea to bring a glass. I usually bring two seeing as I am excellent at leaving glasses in random places, or smashing them....
I picked up some of these 285ml headmaster glasses from CB on Saturday just for these such occasions. Really nice to drink out of -

http://www.crowncommercial.com.au/index.ph...&Itemid=281

They were about $2.30 each from memory.

Beer_Glasses___H_4e1a4617d4394.jpg

Yep, Bring a glass,
a comfy folding chair if you have one,
Your swag,
and any nibblies you want to bring...

Bring your Mobile Keg setups, otherwise i have the big arse Esky we put all the kegs in last time and just poked the picnic taps out the top..
I think i still have the wedge with the holes in it for that...
this is it on the left... Drunks on the right..
DSCF0192.JPG

Actually, when i told Snow it holds 16 kegs he said "WTF!!!"
14440_185349456568_542921568_2957490_1368445_n.jpg
Sqyre..

And then we had to jumpstart him...
Snow.jpg

Does anyone have an A type keg coupler I could borrow? I could grab it during the week and bring it back this weekend?

OK, so are we set at 14 for the swap? Means I only have to buy one box of coopers PET's ;)

Cheers

alright i'm dropping 20 something bottles of amber ale to winkles this arvo, divy up the remander amongst yourselves, would have liked to have come come to the the swap but f@<*(ing xmas season has me bent over worse than a Quiorboy. Have fun lads.

OK, so are we set at 14 for the swap? Means I only have to buy one box of coopers PET's ;)

Cheers
Looks like it.

I actually counted 15 but on recount you are correct :)

hey I notice there hasn't been much discussion abut what food everyone is bringing. Bruce, do you need us to bring some gear for breakfast? I could probably rustle up some eggs from my chooks..... if I stare at them long enough....

What about nibblies?? I could bring a party pack of something fried and unhealthy if you have room in your oven...

Cheers - Snow.

My dry stout has come out pretty good so I'll be bringing it for "sampling"
Well I kegged my "dry stout", which is what I thought I was going to get based on the recipe...

It seems to have turned out much more chocolate stout like. Still pretty tasty and a full keg to bring :)

Think sqyre is taking Burt to the killing fields about now ...

Ok lawn is mowed , water pump filters cleaned , swag sheets are on the line .

must be beer time...

cheers

hey I notice there hasn't been much discussion abut what food everyone is bringing. Bruce, do you need us to bring some gear for breakfast? I could probably rustle up some eggs from my chooks..... if I stare at them long enough....

What about nibblies?? I could bring a party pack of something fried and unhealthy if you have room in your oven...

Cheers - Snow.

Thanks Snow, a dozen eggs will be fine. Mrs Sqyre has been shopping and got a couple a dozen already.
Getting 3 kg of bacon and some honey wurst snags for hangovers.
Shes also going to scrounge up some mushies so i can do my sweet chily mushrooms for breaky too.

Bring whatever you like for lunch / arvo tea.
I havent organised to do anything in the smoker but i can fire it up no worries...
So if anyone wants to bring some snags, chicken legs, pizza i can cook it for ya.
I might actually get Mrs sqyre to grab 5 kg of chicken wings and smoke them for lunchtime munchies..

Dinner will be simple, pork, bread rolls and gravy. We are not stuffing around with potatobakes this year.
And no tossed salad, Zizzles not coming...

And i will send out pms with my address tonight...
I tried to do it the other day but doing multiple pms on a galaxy tablet is a pain in the arse...
Guys im in Woodhill QLD, which if you blink you will miss it so set your satnav to there and youll be in throwing distance of my place.

Sqyre

Ps. And Ned you were right on the money.
I pulled into the abbatior at pretty much when you said.. He seemed happy there with the other piggys. :unsure:

And Ned we will be picking up Bert 5am saturday morning so i hope your 4:30am alarm clock still works..
:D
Oh and if anyone is curious what i mean by smoker in my last post its more of a woodfired oven...
Pics here
smoker

I'm putting a couple of kilos of waygu jerky on tomorrow in the slow smoker, had it marinating for days now...

Should be good.

I resisted the temptation to buy a flash Aldi one this week so I'll fire up the Ghetto Smoker on Friday and see what I can do to a couple of chooks.
But you never told us what the smoker is for?

Thanks Snow, a dozen eggs will be fine. Mrs Sqyre has been shopping and got a couple a dozen already.
Getting 3 kg of bacon and some honey wurst snags for hangovers.
Shes also going to scrounge up some mushies so i can do my sweet chily mushrooms for breaky too.

Bring whatever you like for lunch / arvo tea.
I havent organised to do anything in the smoker but i can fire it up no worries...
So if anyone wants to bring some snags, chicken legs, pizza i can cook it for ya.
I might actually get Mrs sqyre to grab 5 kg of chicken wings and smoke them for lunchtime munchies..

Dinner will be simple, pork, bread rolls and gravy. We are not stuffing around with potatobakes this year.
And no tossed salad, Zizzles not coming...

And i will send out pms with my address tonight...
I tried to do it the other day but doing multiple pms on a galaxy tablet is a pain in the arse...
Guys im in Woodhill QLD, which if you blink you will miss it so set your satnav to there and youll be in throwing distance of my place.

Sqyre

Ps. And Ned you were right on the money.
I pulled into the abbatior at pretty much when you said.. He seemed happy there with the other piggys. :unsure:

Okey doke - I'll bring a doz eggs. I'll see what else looks good for late night post pork roll munchies....

Parks and I should be there around 3pm.

Cheers - Snow.

I cant make it now guys. I have to work. Still keen as to swap though. Is anyone going through/or in capalaba on the way to the swap??

Latest posts

Back