QLD Christmas case swap - Dec 5th, 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1449291888.969188.jpg

Hope you guys have a great night :)

Swapping
1. Benken25 - grub ale
2. Fattox - Changed to Gose. Lagering fridge shit the bed
3. Liam_Snorkel - black brett saison
4. Earle - cascade amber ale - ready to drink
6. Lukiferj - A Gose in the Northern Sky
7. luggy: hoppy saison, vic secret & citra and dry hopped with Amarillo. Bottled on 3/12/15, give it a few weeks
8. kegs- galaxy/maris otter smash pale ale (bottle conditioned) will be ready to drink
9. Fitzlp: Bright Ale (Amarillo dry hopped) Bottled 07/11/2015. Chill and drink
10. antiphile - Extra Pale ESB (Labelled #10; Botlled 12 Oct 15; ABV 5.3% OK to drink now)
11. Angus - weisse guy eh!! tell you tonight if it is ready to drink
13. Nick B - APAish thing. Drink whenever.
15. Ciderman - Best Bitter 4.4% 29ibu. Ready to drink.
16. Parks - Belgian Pale Ale
18. Dan Barrington - Black Cherry Saison (bottled 05/12/16, best after 05/02/16. Labelled with my first name and case swap number 18 )
19. antiphile - Jonah Lomu American style IPA (Labelled #19; Bottled 6 Nov 15; ABV 7.4%-ish. OK to drink now)
20. BPH87 - Hefeweizen - Ready on the 16/12/2015
21. Seehuusen - Pineapple Torpedo - Pale Ale w. Wood Roasted Pineapple in secondary. Bottled 3/12/15, give it 3 weeks.
22. Aydos - Galaxy Pale Ale
23. Ballantyne - something smoked
24. madpierre06 - Longus Dongus Gladfields Cream Ale

Attending not swapping.
Beersuit will bring a keg of soured mullberry saison and a couch.

Foods.
$10 each for sweet, sweet lamb provided by Ben.
Snacks?
Bread rolls madpierre06 - 2 dozen​
​Sriracha beef jerky - lukiferj (will also bring some other snacky type things along) (I've been warned about these bitey things!)
Breakfast: Bacon and egg rolls at least
Potato Salad and chips and stuff-luggy
Smoked cheese and crackers, smoked nuts - Earle
Balls o stickiness, bottle of Jizz de Angus - Angus.

Cheers all, had a cracking time catching up with the old faces & meeting the new ones.
All the beers were great but Anthony's mulberry sour was the most memorable of the night.

Updated beer

Swapping
1. Benken25 - grub ale
3. Liam_Snorkel - black brett saison (give it a week or so to fully carb up)
7. luggy: hoppy saison, vic secret & citra and dry hopped with Amarillo. Bottled on 3/12/15, give it a few weeks
8. kegs- galaxy/maris otter smash pale ale (bottle conditioned) will be ready to drink
10. antiphile - Extra Pale ESB (Labelled #10; Botlled 12 Oct 15; ABV 5.3% OK to drink now)
18. Dan Barrington - Black Cherry Saison (bottled 05/12/16, best after 05/02/16. Labelled with my first name and case swap number 18 )
19. antiphile - Jonah Lomu American style IPA (Labelled #19; Bottled 6 Nov 15; ABV 7.4%-ish. OK to drink now)
21. Seehuusen - Pineapple Torpedo - Pale Ale w. Wood Roasted Pineapple in secondary. Bottled 3/12/15, give it 3 weeks.
22. Aydos - Galaxy Pale Ale

Hey all, thanks for a great night as usual it was great to catch up with everyone. Thanks again Ben for hosting all of us!

Updated beer info

Swapping
1. Benken25 - grub ale
22. Aydos - Galaxy Pale Ale READY TO DRINK NOW

Hey all, thanks for a great night. I had a ball!

Updated beer info

Swapping
1. Benken25 - grub ale
11. Angus - weisse guy eh!! Drink now.

Top night, great food, some lovely beers, and a good yarn.

Many thanks to Ben and family for hosting, and the soothing sounds of a mob of cockatoos to wake up to.

Awesome meeting you all! It was a great night.
My beer needs to stay out of the fridge for at least 2 weeks as it was only bottled on case swap day.
Thanks for having me Ben.

Looks like I missed a great gathering,So sad.
Landline today featured the Felton Food Festival held in April just down the road from benkens.
Very appropreiate.

What an absolute blast of a day/night/morning, and I feel honoured and privileged to be permitted to attend (even if I was the token cockroach).

The day kicked off about 1:30 pm with introductions and aperitifs at a welcoming function. Baron Glen and Baroness Belinda were absolutely charming hosts and ensured no-one went hungry or felt ill at ease and any stage during the 24 hour visit. There were some light hijinks during the afternoon, lots of thoughtful conversation and, dare I say, many moments of jocularity, followed by a wonderful afternoon tea.

Meanwhile, without our knowledge, many of the below stairs staff silently completed and delivered the results of the swap, in a lot of cases including placement within our automobiles, carefully supervised by Dr Parks.Following tea, we were all regaled with amusing anecdotes accompanied by various styles of craft beer while the head of inhouse catering, Antoine, prepared the most succulent spit-roast lamb ever experienced,while kitchen staff made the most glorious tasting and beautifully presented vegetable accompaniments.

I was aghast that I had not sufficiently studied the invitation as I hadn't realised the evening repast was semi formal.Whilst many others washed and dressed for dinner, it was the best I could do to make myself presentable for dinner. Angus and Dorothy made the perfect couple with the perfect combination of old world charm and modern fashion and proved themselves to be enviable hosts. However, the embarassment of myself (and the one or two others who also failed to bring appropriate dinner attire) was quickly left behind as we were sated and entertained by the hosts.

Then followed an amusing eveng of dancing and drinks, with Liam organising marvellous music to entertain the throng. Later in the evening, the shy Antoine was fortunately convinced to display his hidden talents with a memorable guitar solo whilst the attendees listened over port and peat scotch. Alas, the second striking of the clock encouraged all to retire to their sleeping quarters for the evening.

I was a little surprised these country ladies and gentlemen stuck to their disciplined life with a 6 o'clock rising following a late night, but soon all the vivacious company was abuzz at the thought of a barbequeued breakfast (I mean really, who'd have thought such a breakfast preparation possible?), and a very lively start to day ensued. Over the course of several hours, most had been ensconced in their horseless carriages and winding their way back to their own estates and abodes.

Whilst everyone deserves special mention for creating the social highlight of the season, like a previous correspondent, it would be the height of rudeness not to specifically thank the Baron and Baroness, and, of course, Lord and Lady Ben for their outstanding hospitality.

PS. I heard the phrase several times over the last day, but I can't seem to find a suitable meaning. Would some kind soul please explain "What happens in Felton, stays in Felton". It would be rather gauche if I committed a social faux pas.

Big thanks to Ben and his folks for hosting, its a great spot you've got there. Thanks also to anthony for cooking a great feed, and the beers also that mulberry saison was sensational. Thanks also to parks for sorting out the swap beers, and to everyone else for coming along and sharing their beers, cheers guys

Another classic swap. Well done everyone and super thanks to the Kendells for their hospitality.

Special highlights:

Mulberry saison;
Angus forgot his balls;
NickB spraying his beer everywhere;
Earle's bottle surf;
Angus' superb Dubbel;
Best lamb spit and potato bake;
Sir Barrington playing a perfect rookie swap game in bed by 7pm;
Angus brought some other balls;
Aydos and the tap handle;

Bravo!

Swapping
1. Benken25 - grub ale
11. Angus - weisse guy eh!! Drink now.
23. Ballantyne - Manuka rauchbier - give it 3-4 weeks to carb

Was a great turnout i dont think anyone went thirsty or hungry. Dad Reckons we were all well behaved and would do it Again

Back