Qld Ahb Xmas In July Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mothballs has been very quiet, yoo hoo.......... are you still around Mothballs?

cheers

Browndog

Ok getting close Bindi
Can we help with anything?
Bring along something? I have beer :beerbang: 3 gallon party keg of my latest Alt.

Batz

Ross, I'm really dissapointed that in your last post you deliberately have side-stepped the Belly Dancer question. You even lead Browndog and Jye astray.

Despite this, I will still, quite graciously, mind you, respond to your post!

OK, assuming no one rings Ross and says, 'Can I come too - I'm really fat?' then we go in one car. So, who's driving 'cos in this case, I'll be there at 11 with Browndog!

As for clarification on what beer's we are bringing, I have that Schwartz brewed with 56 that I can get at least 14 stubbies from. It's in the keg and so I'm bottling from the keg i.e. drink those on Saturday or Sunday! It's a reasonable/good beer though.

The other 14 stubbies are going to have to come from the keg as well. I'm having some troops over on Wednesday to empty the crap/bland beer currently wasting space in the only other keg I own. Therefore, I won't know if my second offering is much good until Thursday when that keg will be free. What will go into that is pretty much the same recipe as the crap beer but it was using your hops so I'm hoping that this will make it a good beer. The hops in the first batch came from a different supplier and I have no idea how old they were - certainly no hoppiness there at all.

Hope that the second half of my batch turns out well. I certainly put the effort in but if it turns out crappy, at least everyone will know not to use 56 to brew light coloured 'lagers.' If it turns out well, then we'll know that we need fresh hops.

Can we get back to the Belly Dancer's now?

Ross, if no one replies to the Belly Dancer question then your saying, 'That's Pat, taking one for the team,' is going to take on a whole new meaning in my mind and I can assure you I won't be there on Saturday let alone travelling in your car - lol

:huh:
Pat

:blink:
Do you talk like this as well?

Batz :ph34r:

Bring along something? I have beer :beerbang: 3 gallon party keg of my latest Alt.
Batz

Batz: Bindi won't be online for a bit as he's taken his wife to belly-dancing out.

I was going to bring about 20lts of beer (between 2 kegs) plus a gas bottle and regulator etc, but if we are all going up with Ross, this may be inconvenient??? Would like to know though if gas bottle/reg will come in handy or is unneccesary. Also, beer may well be crap. If so, definitely won't bring that.

If there is a fair bit of gear to bring, it's not a problem driving my van up. It's even on gas.

OK, assuming no one rings Ross and says, 'Can I come too - I'm really fat?' then we go in one car. So, who's driving 'cos in this case, I'll be there at 11 with Browndog

I'm prepared to be the designated driver, so if whoever wants a few beers before the trip up that's fine by me.

cheers

Browndog

Bar's open from 11.00 am here

Hospitality Plus from Ross, as always!!!

Pat, did I send you the email "why you should keep the beer at the bottom of the fridge, seems to be some hazy memory of me sending you this" anyone else who would like this emailed, PM me.

Very plausable reason for storing your beer in the very bottom of the refrigerator, adults only email destinations though!

Ok getting close Bindi

Batz

That would be GREAT Batz, love your beer :)

Bar's open from 11.00 am here

Hospitality Plus from Ross, as always!!!

Pat, did I send you the email "why you should keep the beer at the bottom of the fridge, seems to be some hazy memory of me sending you this" anyone else who would like this emailed, PM me.

Very plausable reason for storing your beer in the very bottom of the refrigerator, adults only email destinations though!

GREAT email, just keep it away from kids, not a problem here.

Guys,

Can we cut & post some info against your beers, as to when they are ready to drink - Ended up last xmas drinking 2 different beers that had only been primed a few days earlier. I'm still undecided on mine, on whether to prime or force carbonate as won't be bottling till friday.

8. bconnery - AWB

cheers Ross

Ready and drinkable now, 2 months old.

The last bock I did was fantastic after a year though so cellar it for as long as you want really...

Anyone coming to this who would have some spare Grolsch bottles?
Willing to buy or swap for beery things.
I only want a dozen or so.

Batz

Batz

Batz,

Got a dozen here you're welcome to - you can pick up Thursday or I'll try & remember on swap day....

Cheers Ross

Batz

Batz,

Got a dozen here you're welcome to - you can pick up Thursday or I'll try & remember on swap day....

Cheers Ross

How easy was that!
Cheers Ross

Bloody hell I write some crap. Just deleted a few of my posts here from yesterday written after no sleep and too many beers. :wacko:

Yep got your email Screwtop - LOL! Will send a few to you later today along a similiar line.

Cheers
Pat

Batz
I also have heaps of Grolsch bottles, 270 last count :blink: want any more? most are empty now I have 9 kegs.

Also given another fridge today if one of you guys want it, it has to go this weekend as I would need KY jelly to fit another fridge in the house and sheds, I said house and sheds.

Bloody hell I write some crap. Just deleted a few of my posts here from yesterday written after no sleep and too many beers. :wacko:

:D Was just looking for those posts Pat to make a suitable reply, Damn should have been quicker - Do I gather you're threatning to do Belly Dancing Pat? Could find yourself banished to the caravan :p :p

Cheers Ross

Batz
I also have heaps of Grolsch bottles, 270 last count :blink: want any more? most are empty now I have 9 kegs.

Also given another fridge today if one of you guys want it, it has to go this weekend as I would need KY jelly to fit another fridge in the house and sheds, I said house and sheds.

Hi Bindi,

I'm in need of some bottles to bottle my brew for this weekend - would I be able to take 60 off your hands? And as for the fridge, mate that would be tops. I can drop around after work one night this week - I finish at 7pm .

Cheers,

InCider.

Hi Bindi,

I'm in need of some bottles to bottle my brew for this weekend - would I be able to take 60 off your hands? And as for the fridge, mate that would be tops. I can drop around after work one night this week - I finish at 7pm .

Cheers,

InCider.

Ok, we can do a 'little exchange' of say $40 [or goods like beer etc] and the bottles and fridge are yours, That's how I acquired the fridge and bottles, an exchange of goods and helping him do his first partial mash also supplying him with grain. :p
PM me for a time and day, soon please <_< .

:D Was just looking for those posts Pat to make a suitable reply, Damn should have been quicker - Do I gather you're threatning to do Belly Dancing Pat? Could find yourself banished to the caravan :p :p

Cheers Ross

Am so glad you missed those Ross! If so, I would have got more of a bagging than that poor bloke who left the plastic on the beer filter... Certainly would have won the, 'Tool of the Week,; award - lol.

As for the Belly Dancing, I heard this from a highly placed source who seems to be keeping very quiet on this subject so he's probably failed to persuade the girls to show us their art. :angry: Anyway, I'm certainly not doing it, Ross. Who do you think I am - lol??? Mind you, I am saying this at 5:30am sober!

Cheers
Pat

Add another bottle boys.

Newcomer Joel

1. Ross - Ruination APA2 - To be advised
2 Batz - Scottish or Alt
3 Browndog - Indian Pale Ale
4 Mothballs - Australian Pale Ale
5 Altstart - Zwiec Polish golden Pilsner
6. Jye - Hopburst APA - ASAP
7. TidalPete - Greenoyster Dry Stout
8. bconnery - AWB (Australian Wheat Bock. Bock Recipe. Wheat Yeast. Now confirmed as the beer. )
9. PistolPatch - One dark 'lager' and one light brewed with US-56
10. Screwtop - Tick Hill Brown Ale
11. Mark - Probably a Golden Ale.
12. Bindi-The Dreaming AAA
13. Incider - Munich Honey Lager
14. Webby- Stout
15. monkale - Cherry popper AAA
16. Joel - Pissed Newt german lager

Not a problem for me as haven't bottled yet & got plenty - but maybe a problem for some, so as long as he's happy to maybe recieve a couple short, welcome Joel - but lets call it closed now please...

cheers Ross

Not a problem for me as haven't bottled yet & got plenty - but maybe a problem for some, so as long as he's happy to maybe recieve a couple short, welcome Joel - but lets call it closed now please...

cheers Ross

He will bring 16 bottles, no problem if others are 1 short.

CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back