Qld Ahb Xmas In July Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets get drinkin :chug:

IMG_0141.jpg

1. Ross - Ruination APA2 - Force carbonated & bottled 7th July - drink early
2 Browndog - Indian Pale Ale - Force carbonated, bottled 6th July - drink early
3 Mothballs - Australian Pale Ale bottle primed with sugar 29th June, drink after 3 to 4 weeks
4 Altstart - Zwiec Polish golden Pilsner
5. Jye - Hopburst APA - Force carbonated & bottled 20th June - drink early
6. TidalPete - 'Hey Porter' Porter - Bottle primed 29th May
7. bconnery - AWB - Bottled 14th May. Nice now. Should benefit from 6months+.
8. PistolPatch - One stubby Austrlain Dark Ale (PP1) and one Australain Light Ale (PP2). Bottled from keg tonight so drink now esp PP1 as is a little under-carbonated.
9. Screwtop - Tick Hill Brown Ale - Bulk primed and bottled 14th June. Best after 9th Aug.
10. Mark - Probably a Golden Ale.
11. Bindi-The Dreaming AAA Less then one week in the bottle, wait 4 weeks min. ie 12 Aug.
12. InCider - Munich Honey Lager - Ready now.
13. Webby- Stout Bottled today it will be dated
14. monkale - Cherry popper AAA
15. Joel - Pissed Newt german lager - CC 31st May. Bottle primed 12th June. Ready 12th
16.Batz-Alt...... Drink now or over the next month or so

Great Night! Thankyou all very much!

Special thanks to Bindi and Marie, and all those who brought beer - fantastic stuff, thanks to Monkale and Mrs Monkale for pouring me home. Great beef jerky too Screwtop! :party:

I had a ball, and am just going through all the photos, and will post them when I work out how. There are a lot of photos with swords and people wearing Bindi's fez. Brilliant! :beer:

Thanks again!

InCider. :super:

Top stuff Bindi! Glad I have plenty of Napisan here to get Zuess's drool off my clothes. Can't believe Zeuss didn't collapse after Jye's monstrosity of a beer. (Thanks for the headache Jye, much appreciated :wacko: ) Also many thanks to Scewtop for bed and brekky and Ross for the lift. Great to meet everyone else too - top bunch. I must say though that conversations with TidalPete are far safer if carried out at some distance.

Great photos guys!

Many thanks again Bindi and Maree.

Cheers
Pat

P.S. Jye if you release the video, you're dead!!!

Thanks especially to Bindi & Maree for their excellent hospitality.

A comfy bed that I didn't have to walk more than 3 or 4 metres for, excellent beers on tap and a host of tasty nibblies!

It was a wicked night.

Can't wait to dive into the samples that's for sure!

Cheers everyone!

P.S. Just to clear up something that did cause the occasional confusion, there is no wheat of any description in the AWB. I know it says Wheat Bock but it is a Bock style, but done with safwheat yeast, that's all.

And since Safwheat K97 is also referred to more commonly as a german ale yeast it could have easily been AGB, but I shied away from that one when the time came for naming it :)

If I had brewed the beer especially for the swap, that name would have been it for sure!

I know some people in the group aren't that big on wheat beers so thought I'd better clear that up...

Thanks to all for a great night. It is always good to meet people off the forum and put a face to a name. Special thanks to Bindi and Maree and Screwtop and Mrs Screwtop for your fantastic hospitality and generousity. :beer:

Whos that guy breaking into your house Ross.
View attachment 8165
Ross was not the only one locked out. As a word of caution to which Screwtop will attest it would seem that it is wise to make sure you don't lock the keys in the shed while conducting extra product tasting and tours of the brewery at 1.30 am :D

Cheers
Mothballs

Back