Qaawbg 2006 State Championships

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Guys,
The QAAWBG 2006 State Championships will be held on the 27th August 2006. This year non-members of the QAAWBG in the Qld brewing community are invited to enter. A $5 registration fee is payable for non-members along with the standard entry fee. The link below will direct you to the BABB's website & the entry form containing all necessary information which you are encouraged to read.

http://www.babbrewers.com/downloads/Compet...ampionships.pdf

As the judging will be held in Laidley it will be necessary for those not geographically close to Laidley to make transport arrangements. Ross has kindly volunteered to assist with these arrangements. Please feel free to contact Ross or myself regarding these arrangements.

Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul,
Great to see the competition is now open to non members, can you tell me if this comp will be a qualifier for entry to the AABC this year.

Cheers
Andrew

I am wondering the same thing Andrew, and tried to call GLS this morning to find out if our North QLD associates are planning on running a comp again... after not having one last year, we really need to get this sorted out shortly. GLS was out, but will be back in this afternoon, so I will try him again.

Also worth noting that the new QAAWBG style guidelines are to be used for the first time in this years comp, and these should be far more compatible with the AABC than the ones used previously.

dreamboat

Andrew,
Not sure about AABC, are the affiliated with the AABA? The only other comp that the QAAWBG feed into is the ANAWBG in South Australia & there is no qualifying.

Cheers

Paul.

AABC= Australian Amatuer Brewing Championships and it is run by the AABA, and all entrants into the AABC have to qualify with a placing in a recognised State Championship.

Cheers
Andrew

Mate

Working on the NSW Comp details at the moment - looking at a date in October.

Keep us posted on the progress and best of luck.

Scotty

Paul H said:
The only other comp that the QAAWBG feed into is the ANAWBG in South Australia & there is no qualifying.

Cheers

Paul.
[post="116938"][/post]​

That's ANAWBS - Australian National Wine and Beer Show.

We always welcome the QAAWBG entries, and encourage all interested brewers to enter both comps.

Back