Bitter & Twisted Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ever happened to the Top Twister Results?
Brewed the beers...paid the money...HUB website is down...'on the phone' whenever I call.
Isn't 'feedback' the idea?
Any Clues?

Harry ? You sound like the 'Peter' who called today and abused my wife when I was at work.

You have called me twice - last week when I explained the situation and again today when I was not able to take your call as I was talking to a customer on my home office line. Today you did not leave a (polite) message or contact number for me to call you back when I had finished work.

Please don't misrepresent the situation and suggest that you have not been able to contact anyone.

As I told you last week, the results had been finalised - but the remainder of the package needs to be printed. This will be completed and posted this week.

Sorry for any inconvienience that my personal situation has caused you.

David

David
I apologise for my enthusiasm.
I look forward to the results this week.

Harry

David
I apologise for my enthusiasm.
I look forward to the results this week.

Harry

Cheers mate.

They are going in the post today.

I have also upgraded the server that runs the HUB website so that shopuld stop it from crashing all the time.

Thanks
Dave

is there going to be a full set posted anywhere or do we just get our sheets?
had a look on the hub website and there is only the winners on there, i know i find it useful to see how i went in the field as do many others i think
still havent seen any sheets yet ether???

Yep, I would definately like to get my results and haven't seen anything as yet.

still nothing see. come on guys ive gotten quicker answers at work. did you tie the paper work to a one legged snail thats blind and retarded.
tell you what im very tempted not to enter this one again if this is the way its handled.
also tried sending a pm to big fridge but he has his pms disabled.
nice work guys really nice work. not happy at all.
as it stands never again will i enter this comp, unless there are serious changes.

I believe Bigfridge got called away with work for all of this week and maybe some of last week.
Guys its only been just over a month and at the busiest end of the year for anyone who has their own business, please relax they will be with you soon.

Mark

I believe Bigfridge got called away with work for all of this week and maybe some of last week.
Guys its only been just over a month and at the busiest end of the year for anyone who has their own business, please relax they will be with you soon.

Mark
ok ill give you its a busy time of year, but it still doesnt take 2 weeks to get mail from newcastle to sydney. ive gotten cards from my relatives in taree and they have only taken 2 days.
its more the fact that you ask the question and even though he has been on line last night theres no answer. also the comp was in october with the final round on the 1st weekend of november so it has been a fair while . as i asked is it so hard to post a pfd with the list of results?

G'day guys and gals,

I am addressing this issue on behalf of the Hunter United Brewers Club.

Due to unforeseen external influence, the results have been delayed.

My apologies on behalf of the organising team and on behalf of the club.

Hope to remedy the situation soon and will advise here, posting the pdf doc at that time.

Happy Brewing (and competing)
Les

Thanks Les
Good to know you're on the case (pun intended).

Go Santa
Harry

He is usually in the case taking out a beer. :D

seriously guys whats the go?
its been 3 plus months now since the come and not a thing seen.
have you taken the money and run?
id be seriously pissed off if i won a category and still hadnt heard or seen anything.
class action any body???

Update from HUB President:-

G'day all competition entrants and interested observers.
We have been having ongoing issue with the B&T comp results.
Without making too many excuses, our main comp organiser and keeper of the comp details has been subject to illness as well as being busy with his work.
This lack of availability has resulted in little opportunity to obtain and post the results in a timely manner.

We also realise that this will affect our BJCP recognition of our competition and we are contacting the BJCP for advice on their requirements for us to remain in their good books too.

Stay tuned here and we will keep you updated re the results and all progress with the mailing of entry forms.

Beerz
Les

Thanks Les
A few lessons learnt by all I think.
I'll pop round to the keepers and pick em up for you if you like.
Harry

any more news on this, its now been 4 months since the base judging and 3 since the best of show.
seriously what the ****????

also tried sending a pm to big fridge but he has his pms disabled.

Hi,

Yes I did disable PM's when I left AHB a few months ago due to the large amount of abuse, incomplete/wrong information and generally rude people that seem to populate AHB these days. I thought that it was the polite thing to do since I had no intentions of replying to PM's, but I did leave my contact details in the profile pages so that people could still get in touch if they needed.

Contrary to what you may think Barls the problem with sending back the score sheets and certificates is a reflection on my medical condition and not on the professionalism or capacity of the Hunter Brewers. They have done their best to contact me with offers of assistance and suggestions but I have not been capable of taking up their offers.

Just before the B&T competition, I was diagnosed with advanced kidney desease and other life threatening problems. I had to make major changes in my life otherwise I would have been dead within 5 years. This required me to observe strict dietary restrictions (including no alcohol) which prevented me from judging at the B&T competition as planned. Due to the shortage of volunteers it meant that I had to swap roles with the planned organiser (who was a trainee BJCP judge) and reluctantly take on a non-drinking role.

The pressures of running my own business, being responsible for the livelyhoods of my 3 employee's families and the added pressure of attending medical tests and appointments became very hard to bear. I have been batting depression for many years and usually cope through a combination of medication and exercise. I have now been able to look back and it is clear that I have been through a period of deep depression since the competition. Many days it was a battle to get out of bed and even harder to complete many tasks. Both my work and home life have suffered.

I am here out of respect for all my mates at the Hunter Brewers who have rallied around me and helped me to survive the past few months.

Barls, I can understand the frustration that you are experiencing and to you these results are probably the most important thing in the world. But I would ask that you consider for a moment that the competition is run by volunteers who gain nothing for their hard work. When delays happen there is usually a good reason for them happening and it only makes it worse when you take it personally.

Please don't feel sorry for me as I am not alone. Mental illness will probably touch us all at some time in our lives - either directly or indirectly. But I would appreciate your understanding and patience.

I still have my 'good days and bad' and will try to get the remaining results in the mail this week. All the Hunter brewers got their results at the first club meeting after the comp which was before I got sick.

Thanks for listening,
Dave

Hi,

Yes I did disable PM's when I left AHB a few months ago due to the large amount of abuse, incomplete/wrong information and generally rude people that seem to populate AHB these days. I thought that it was the polite thing to do since I had no intentions of replying to PM's, but I did leave my contact details in the profile pages so that people could still get in touch if they needed.

Contrary to what you may think Barls the problem with sending back the score sheets and certificates is a reflection on my medical condition and not on the professionalism or capacity of the Hunter Brewers. They have done their best to contact me with offers of assistance and suggestions but I have not been capable of taking up their offers.

Just before the B&T competition, I was diagnosed with advanced kidney desease and other life threatening problems. I had to make major changes in my life otherwise I would have been dead within 5 years. This required me to observe strict dietary restrictions (including no alcohol) which prevented me from judging at the B&T competition as planned. Due to the shortage of volunteers it meant that I had to swap roles with the planned organiser (who was a trainee BJCP judge) and reluctantly take on a non-drinking role.

The pressures of running my own business, being responsible for the livelyhoods of my 3 employee's families and the added pressure of attending medical tests and appointments became very hard to bear. I have been batting depression for many years and usually cope through a combination of medication and exercise. I have now been able to look back and it is clear that I have been through a period of deep depression since the competition. Many days it was a battle to get out of bed and even harder to complete many tasks. Both my work and home life have suffered.

I am here out of respect for all my mates at the Hunter Brewers who have rallied around me and helped me to survive the past few months.

Barls, I can understand the frustration that you are experiencing and to you these results are probably the most important thing in the world. But I would ask that you consider for a moment that the competition is run by volunteers who gain nothing for their hard work. When delays happen there is usually a good reason for them happening and it only makes it worse when you take it personally.

Please don't feel sorry for me as I am not alone. Mental illness will probably touch us all at some time in our lives - either directly or indirectly. But I would appreciate your understanding and patience.

I still have my 'good days and bad' and will try to get the remaining results in the mail this week. All the Hunter brewers got their results at the first club meeting after the comp which was before I got sick.

Thanks for listening,
Dave
dave, thanks for taking time out of your busy days to reply. i might even point out that i emailed the contact details on the web page in early december with no answer as well
i think whats more annoying is the complete and utter lack of respect shown to the rest of the entrants. for starters is it that hard to put up a post to say that they are mailed back in the start of december, which was obviously a lie, if it didnt happen why not just post up and say so.
also how hard is it to post up a pdf or word doc with the results in it up here, so we can all just have a look to see how the beers did.
hell that would tide me over till i got the sheets eventually, saying that i dont have any bottle of the beers left to taste when reading through the sheets. my problem not yours.

we all have things going on at times. sickness is just one of those things that happen in life. trust me i know i had 9 months of work due to an illness. im sure if you follow the recommendations of the doctors it will improve

i might even point out that i emailed the contact details on the web page in early december with no answer as well

I fear that you missed the part where I said that I have not been functioning since November. If you still don't understand, then there is nothing else that I can say that will help you understand what having a mental illness is like.

The sad part is the more that you rant, rave and go on about how affonted you are - the more I retreat into my shell and find it difficult to do anything.

Have a good life mate.

Latest posts

Back