Bitter & Twisted Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, didn't realise this had been canned.
I had been saving a few of my finer beers for this comp.

Hope everything works out for you guys. I see the B&T has been moved to Maitland this year too.

Beers,
Doc

Hi Doc,

Thanks for your kind words.

The main thing is that the comp has't really been cancelled - just moved back a month.

In a way we were a victim of the success of craft brewing in Australia with October having one or two good beer events on each weekend in October. This means that all the usual helpers were busy or had to be asked to give up what they had planned. I was also away in the US for two weeks making things a bit tricky to organise.

A move to the end of November will see things much clearer.

So hopefully all your fine beers wouldn't have peaked too early and will still be at their best for the end of November.

ESB Peakhurst are acting as a drop off point and all the paperwork will be out this week.

Thanks
Dave

That's good news, Dave. Glad you could get it up and running. I'll be hoping to pop in to ESB and send some in again. Good feedback from judges there last time. :)

I will be there all day saturday. Looking forward to it!! Last year was a blast be interesting to see what this gaol location does for the festive feel. I'm sure it will be great

Will be there both days

Don't worry OB - I'm sure somebody will walk past and talk to you :p

I'll be there Saturday in my flash new ANHC t-shirt!

Scotty,

I see you one ANHC t-shirt and raise you a GABF (Great American Beer Festival) one :icon_cheers:

But I do look forward to seeing you guys again.

Dave

My lift just fell through.
Is anyone going today still have a spare seat and has not already left?
Otherwise i might have to ride in the rain and stay under .05 :unsure:

Offlie

oh, I live in Cardiff

Just got home from the festival, had a great time and caught up with some friends for some laughs. Bent the ear of Neil from Matilda Bay for half an hour, love the Alpha.

Well done to the organisers and what a fantastic venue.

daniel

a little snap of my video is here

daniel

Last edited by a moderator:
Great weekend, great beer, great brewers, great networking opportunities.

I grabbed a whole heap of the Young's and Weihenstephan bottles this arvo to take home (about 150 all up).

Got spotted on the way out and was asked a couple of brew questions (exploding bottles etc). I wrote out the answers, as they were for a third party. Then we started talking about the Movember thing and men's health issues. To cut a long story short, I got a hug from the woman and the feeling of having done some good work and some beer evangelising.

Cheers
Les

Just got home from the festival, had a great time and caught up with some friends for some laughs. Bent the ear of Neil from Matilda Bay for half an hour, love the Alpha.

Well done to the organisers and what a fantastic venue.

daniel

Hahahah, poor Neil, I did the same, talked his ear off for a good 45 minutes. Such a nice guy, informative too! Yea, the Alpha was good hey!

I second that, had a blast. Even my non-brewing buddies were talking of making it an annual trip. Next time I won't go to the pub afterwards for a night cap though! :icon_vomit:

So hopefully all your fine beers wouldn't have peaked too early and will still be at their best for the end of November.

ESB Peakhurst are acting as a drop off point and all the paperwork will be out this week.

Fantastic. Will hold back on finishing a couple of the good kegs so that I have some quality to enter.

Beers,
Doc

Fantastic. Will hold back on finishing a couple of the good kegs so that I have some quality to enter.

Beers,
Doc

any news on the paperwork?? Just wondering if one can still enter a beer or two??

What's the final dropoff day Dave? Can I leave the entries at Potters?

Latest posts

Back