• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Pumps..

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

leahy268

Reaction score
A couple of thoughts..
I have the offer of being able to buy pumps from China at some insanely cheap prices.
First of all I can get the little brown pumps same as we see everywhere for around $25 landed.
Less if I order more.. Naturally.

They also have another slightly bigger pump which i'm tempted on.
As follows:
Flowrate: 20L/min
Voltage: 12V
Amp: 1.5A
Max Head: 3m

Same pump also comes as follows:
Flowrate: 26L/min
Voltage: 24V
Amp: 2A
Max Head: 5m

Sounds great right.
Landed it would be I think around $50 once again depending on how many I got.
Only issue with them is the materials.
According to the supplier "It's main materials are PPS inlet/outlet, PO impeller, Silica gel O-ring, and Zirconia ceramic Bearing".
He claims that many are using it for food and it wouldn't give a plastic taste. However it doesn't strictly have a food grade certificate.
The little brown pumps however do.
However I was wondering if other people perhaps knew more about these materials than I.
The other question of course is is anyone interested in any of these pumps?
If theres a little interest then I'll set up a bulk buy.
See what we can get them in for for a few people.

Anyway if anyone would like to contribute I'd be really interested in their thoughts.

Warwick

Smokomark

Reaction score
A couple of thoughts..
I have the offer of being able to buy pumps from China at some insanely cheap prices.
First of all I can get the little brown pumps same as we see everywhere for around $25 landed.
Less if I order more.. Naturally.

They also have another slightly bigger pump which i'm tempted on.
As follows:
Flowrate: 20L/min
Voltage: 12V
Amp: 1.5A
Max Head: 3m

Same pump also comes as follows:
Flowrate: 26L/min
Voltage: 24V
Amp: 2A
Max Head: 5m

Sounds great right.
Landed it would be I think around $50 once again depending on how many I got.
Only issue with them is the materials.
According to the supplier "It's main materials are PPS inlet/outlet, PO impeller, Silica gel O-ring, and Zirconia ceramic Bearing".
He claims that many are using it for food and it wouldn't give a plastic taste. However it doesn't strictly have a food grade certificate.
The little brown pumps however do.
However I was wondering if other people perhaps knew more about these materials than I.
The other question of course is is anyone interested in any of these pumps?
If theres a little interest then I'll set up a bulk buy.
See what we can get them in for for a few people.

Anyway if anyone would like to contribute I'd be really interested in their thoughts.

Warwick
Or you could support the local guys at Gryphon Brewing
http://www.gryphonbrewing.com.au/
$32.50 plus $6.50 postage

leahy268

Reaction score
Damn hey,

So that's it.. Was hoping I would get more debate about why I shouldn't buy what pump and so forth.
Instead of 1 entry about carcinogens and 2 ads...

Not that I have anything against you Nev. Never dealt with you professionally so far..

Warwick

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
Was hoping I would get more debate about why I shouldn't buy
Quote split to give you a second to think about it...

Instead of 1 entry about carcinogens
Yeah. The BJCP doesn't talk about carcinogens being a typifier of many styles. Probably best to avoid them where you can.

Dazza88

Reaction score
i think notifying you that a material that has possible carcinogen properties is perhaps an argument to the negative side of the debate. and the fact that a local supplier sells the brown pumps for a few dollars more also is relevant. will you offer warrenty and support.

good luck with it but these are valid points.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Damn hey,

So that's it.. Was hoping I would get more debate about why I shouldn't buy what pump and so forth.
Instead of 1 entry about carcinogens and 2 ads...

Not that I have anything against you Nev. Never dealt with you professionally so far..

Warwick

You put up a thread to gauge interest right? Seems like you have your answer to me.

batz

Latest posts