Pumps..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leahy268

Reaction score
A couple of thoughts..
I have the offer of being able to buy pumps from China at some insanely cheap prices.
First of all I can get the little brown pumps same as we see everywhere for around $25 landed.
Less if I order more.. Naturally.

They also have another slightly bigger pump which i'm tempted on.
As follows:
Flowrate: 20L/min
Voltage: 12V
Amp: 1.5A
Max Head: 3m

Same pump also comes as follows:
Flowrate: 26L/min
Voltage: 24V
Amp: 2A
Max Head: 5m

Sounds great right.
Landed it would be I think around $50 once again depending on how many I got.
Only issue with them is the materials.
According to the supplier "It's main materials are PPS inlet/outlet, PO impeller, Silica gel O-ring, and Zirconia ceramic Bearing".
He claims that many are using it for food and it wouldn't give a plastic taste. However it doesn't strictly have a food grade certificate.
The little brown pumps however do.
However I was wondering if other people perhaps knew more about these materials than I.
The other question of course is is anyone interested in any of these pumps?
If theres a little interest then I'll set up a bulk buy.
See what we can get them in for for a few people.

Anyway if anyone would like to contribute I'd be really interested in their thoughts.

Warwick

A couple of thoughts..
I have the offer of being able to buy pumps from China at some insanely cheap prices.
First of all I can get the little brown pumps same as we see everywhere for around $25 landed.
Less if I order more.. Naturally.

They also have another slightly bigger pump which i'm tempted on.
As follows:
Flowrate: 20L/min
Voltage: 12V
Amp: 1.5A
Max Head: 3m

Same pump also comes as follows:
Flowrate: 26L/min
Voltage: 24V
Amp: 2A
Max Head: 5m

Sounds great right.
Landed it would be I think around $50 once again depending on how many I got.
Only issue with them is the materials.
According to the supplier "It's main materials are PPS inlet/outlet, PO impeller, Silica gel O-ring, and Zirconia ceramic Bearing".
He claims that many are using it for food and it wouldn't give a plastic taste. However it doesn't strictly have a food grade certificate.
The little brown pumps however do.
However I was wondering if other people perhaps knew more about these materials than I.
The other question of course is is anyone interested in any of these pumps?
If theres a little interest then I'll set up a bulk buy.
See what we can get them in for for a few people.

Anyway if anyone would like to contribute I'd be really interested in their thoughts.

Warwick

Or you could support the local guys at Gryphon Brewing
http://www.gryphonbrewing.com.au/
$32.50 plus $6.50 postage

Damn hey,

So that's it.. Was hoping I would get more debate about why I shouldn't buy what pump and so forth.
Instead of 1 entry about carcinogens and 2 ads...

Not that I have anything against you Nev. Never dealt with you professionally so far..

Warwick

Was hoping I would get more debate about why I shouldn't buy

Quote split to give you a second to think about it...

Instead of 1 entry about carcinogens

Yeah. The BJCP doesn't talk about carcinogens being a typifier of many styles. Probably best to avoid them where you can.

i think notifying you that a material that has possible carcinogen properties is perhaps an argument to the negative side of the debate. and the fact that a local supplier sells the brown pumps for a few dollars more also is relevant. will you offer warrenty and support.

good luck with it but these are valid points.

Damn hey,

So that's it.. Was hoping I would get more debate about why I shouldn't buy what pump and so forth.
Instead of 1 entry about carcinogens and 2 ads...

Not that I have anything against you Nev. Never dealt with you professionally so far..

Warwick

You put up a thread to gauge interest right? Seems like you have your answer to me.

batz

Latest posts

Back