Pulley for BIAB skyhook

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakbeer

Reaction score
My current twin pulley is not cutting it. It's a cheapy from Bunnings and the rope has slipped a couple times while hoisting. Hasn't resulted in me being covered in 78 degree wort, yet.

Can anyone recommend a good rope pulley that I can hook onto a beam above my pot? Would prefer one with twin rollers that have a decent groove/concave for the rope to sit in.

Cheers

bb

I got my pullies from bcf. Can't find them on the website though. Only single but good stainless steel quality pullies. I have two single ones which work a treat.

I also got mine from BCF lik earle. Initially bought the bunnings ones and they were just shit. The rope kept slipping off the wheel and pulling into the side. The bcf one is much better constructed and will last a long time. Its smooth when you hoist the bag and it doesnt get caught between the rollers. I just got the singles but if i was to do it again Id buy the double rollers, for an easier hoist.

Go to BCF or to a marine chandlery store to get the real items.

hoist2.jpg

Did my maiden 1v recirc biab brew today. I just used a tie down for a motorbike/trailer/car. They work a treat. Carry 1-200 kg depends which one u get. and like 10 bucks.

Got mine from bunnings, just a single roller. No problems after 2 years of biab, the rope has never slipped (the benefits of a single?)

Bribie G said:

attachicon.gif
hoist2.jpg
+1 on the marine chandlery stores. In my opinion BCF is waaay too dear. I got my original setup from a marine chandlery store, it's decent grade stainless, unlike the Keg King/Chinese import stainless that rusts and shit and possibly is toxic. A decent one will last you many good years and will be used for many other projects.

Here's the one I got a few years back when I upgraded my BIAB setup
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/36998-biab-brew-rig/

Neo__04 said:
Did my maiden 1v recirc biab brew today. I just used a tie down for a motorbike/trailer/car. They work a treat. Carry 1-200 kg depends which one u get. and like 10 bucks.
Probably would work, but stuff the sitting there click click, click click, click click....

The two major online players for chandlery in Aus are Whitworths and Bias boating. Just for info. They will both price match.

Bribie G said:

attachicon.gif
hoist2.jpg
Forgot I started this thread.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try BCF first coz it's easier

Latest posts

Back