Portion Control How Long Can Your Make Your Corny Keg Last ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewtrekker

Reaction score
Just to get a barometer on what normal people consume. How long can you make one keg last ? If its one of my session brews it might be only 10 days and if its a high gravity Scotch Ale it might last a month ! I pour full British pints btw !

About a month for a standard strength beer. Ive got a 7.5% black ipa bottled which is about a year old now and ive still got 8 stubbies left.

7-10 days. Need more fermenting space in the fridge.
Have knocked off one in a night with 4 drinkers- the following day was a bit rough.

Yeah as with Corny kegs you can only stuff a little over 19 l in and my average of two pints a day - weekdays gets blown out on weekends when mates drop by ! I run two taps always with something heavy in one and something light in the other ! Summertime most kegs last eight to ten days luckily I now have 10 kegs to rotate !!

I'm amazed that people can polish off a keg in 7-10 days. I get 6-12 weeks out of mine. Generally slower in winter, faster in summer.

2 schooners/night on weekends (3 if I'm treating myself) and nothing on weeknights. After 6pm only unless we have guests for lunch.

Quality. Not quantity.

If I'm generous with mates drinking it then one 23 L batch every 1-2 months, depending on the brew.

I try and avoid drinking on weeknights.

Slightly less time when the ******* poppet valve o ring on my keg of delicious bock fails and leaks at a guess around three liters into the bottom of the kegerator.
Asses..

you have to kidding right.
I just drink it when I want and when it runs out I put another one there.
oh! by the way I don't go to meetings lol.

Out of the 16 kegs I've bought, over the last 4 years only one has had to be thrown out

Dave70 said:
Slightly less time when the ******* poppet valve o ring on my keg of delicious bock fails and leaks at a guess around three liters into the bottom of the kegerator.
Asses..
Yepper Ive been there that is why my last 4 kegs are new vs the crapy reconditioned ones !!!

klangers said:
If I'm generous with mates drinking it then one 23 L batch every 1-2 months, depending on the brew.

I try and avoid drinking on weeknights.
I cannot avoid drinking on weeknights when Im sitting on over six kegs of delicious home brew in my garage !!! You have more will then the rest of us or just less beer !

Airgead said:
I'm amazed that people can polish off a keg in 7-10 days. I get 6-12 weeks out of mine. Generally slower in winter, faster in summer.

2 schooners/night on weekends (3 if I'm treating myself) and nothing on weeknights. After 6pm only unless we have guests for lunch.

Quality. Not quantity.
6-12 weeks those must be Middies not Schooners !!

Latest posts

Back