Pizza

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ham and mushroom is my favourite. Sometimes I add artichoke and or blue cheese. Capers are nice too in moderation. What's not to like, home brew and pizza...I was going for the Map of Sicily -look...

PC100010_zpsb22ac5a0.jpg

Anchovies, what about the anchovies?
Salami, mushroom, olives, anchovies and chillies.
The Atta flour is awesome too.

Oh yeah !
Those salty delights are welcome anytime.

Is atta flour a supermarket purchase ? I have 00, but till this thread I have never even heard of atta !
Will be out and about today, maybe I'll grab some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unclebarrel said:
Is atta flour a supermarket purchase ? I have 00, but till this thread I have never even heard of atta !
Will be out and about today, maybe I'll grab some.
Atta flour is finely ground wholemeal flour originating from India. There is a supermarket available brand, Jimmy's or something, otherwise healthfood / hippy / organic shop will have it.

indica86 said:
Anchovies, what about the anchovies?
Salami, mushroom, olives, anchovies and chillies.
The Atta flour is awesome too.
capricosa rocks. Anchovies have to be hood. Those pox ones u get from store bought pizza places are shit. Gross texture and flavour imo.

Atta flour sounds good. I used normal wholemeal flour the other night and its a bit of a pain becuase of the course texture. Will try it.

Yeah, atta flour is just coarsest ground whole meal flour. I buy a 1kg pack from the supermarket in a pinch but the 10kg bag from the Indian store beats it hands down. There are both locally grown and imported variants out there. I like both. Variety of wheat makes a difference.

Like CM2 said, the coarseness of the flour needs to be allowed, thus my practice of doing how I do. It is very healthy though and the bread is rich and quite satisfying. This is partly why I get away with a no tomato sauce pizza because the base and crust are tasty as heck and hold moisture very well.

Yea, can buy that too. I don't like that product though. Makes fairly drier and lighter feeling roti and corresponding behaviour for other uses. I personally reckon it's maida (white flour) with a little fortification.

The wallaby bakers bread flour makes really good dough, the italian stuff is probably made with aussie wheat anyway.20% wholemeal makes it a bit more tasty too.
My kids ( 7 and 5) love olives and anchovies, I'm sure at that age I didn't like them.
Hopefully will start work on the wood fired brick oven in the new year, 2 minute pizzas :super:

Atta flour is finely ground wholemeal. The bran flakes do not cut the gluten strands as they are ground.

Since we are talking anchovies the Colomba brand anchovy in sunflower oil from coles or aldi are great. Really nice texture and flavour. I use quite a lot of them in cooking for extra complexity and saltyness. They just melt down and make great flavours.

I'm with seamad on the wallaby flour. I did wholemeal for a while, but I prefer white...

racial....

Glot said:
what do you consider the most Australian pizza topping? I reckon Hawaiian.
With praaawns maaate.

Glot said:
what do you consider the most Australian pizza topping? I reckon Hawaiian.
I have just lost my will to live.

DeGarre said:
Ham and mushroom is my favourite. Sometimes I add artichoke and or blue cheese. Capers are nice too in moderation. What's not to like, home brew and pizza...I was going for the Map of Sicily -look...

PC100010_zpsb22ac5a0.jpg
Is Salvador Dali coming for dinner?

Tried out the atta flour.
We really liked it !

Here is my fave. Margareta with olives and chilli octopus....plus herbs, lots !
Cheese is just mozzarella. Tomato base is peeled Italian Roma's. (Diced a little more)

Good times.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1386939336.786111.jpg

Pizza night tonight.

Chicken mango habanero face blast incoming.

Back